We all need a good laugh

skinnykilmer17

So here it is for those two people in the sports world who have never seen this rant.

Others on another thread mentioned their favorite coaching rants but this one wasn't mentioned.

This has always been my favorite. Follow it to the end and notice how one of the reporters brings him back to Schnelker.
And Burns' very final word. Classic. Several classic lines from Burnsy. For all of you youngins, Bob Schnelker was his good friend and OC. Burnsy of course was a former Iowa coach. Read his bio sometime. Talk about unfulfilled expectations... Great guy though.

So here it is for those two people in the sports world who have never seen this rant.

Others on another thread mentioned their favorite coaching rants but this one wasn't mentioned.

This has always been my favorite. Follow it to the end and notice how one of the reporters brings him back to Schnelker.
And Burns' very final word. Classic. Several classic lines from Burnsy. For all of you youngins, Bob Schnelker was his good friend and OC. Burnsy of course was a former Iowa coach. Read his bio sometime. Talk about unfulfilled expectations... Great guy though.

I didn't know Lou Holtz had a half brother.

He must have watched the movie Scarface before that presser
That or former Cubs manager Lee Elia.

An excerpt: "It's a fucking playground for the cocksuckers. Eighty five percent of the people in this world work for a living. The other fifteen percent are out here fucking my team."

Bob Schnelker, by the way, was an assistant coach on Vince Lombardi's super bowl winning teams. He was a frequent target of ridicule and rage among the Vikings fans who lived in our dorm in the mid eighties.

Last edited:
Yes. We should have one PC free weekend where pro, and college coaches, can speak freely.

That would be golden. Can you imagine Kirk dropping f-bombs on the fans for booing Greg Davis for instance.

Wait. We are Iowa nice. Did we even boo Greg Davis? Our bad. :)

It's so bad now I dont even think it's a case of political correctness. Its devolved into something worse... basically the opposite of common sense and pragmatism.
When they consider renaming Sesame Street's Cookie Monster the veggie monster.... ?

Come on! Watching that blue fur ball for half my childhood didn't inspire me to eat one extra piece of sugary junk food. I didn't need inspiration. The wrath of mom or grandma was waiting if I got caught raiding the cookie jar.

I see kids in the grocery store today eating cookies by the box before they're even paid for. Mother approved. Think anyone out there over the age of forty would have gotten away with THAT back in the day? We weren't allowed to takes our hands off the cart.

Last edited:

Latest posts