Way too early Men's Bball poll

Where does Iowa finish in the conference this year?

• Top 4

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 5-7

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • 8-10

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Bottom 4

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Manilla made me not comfortable. Miles and miles of people on top of people in the streets. Kidnappings do occur and in the rural areas. Sun comes up and sets about the same time every day with the temp the same. Incredibly beautiful countryside. The volcano area near Manilla is spectacular. The American cemetery there is beautiful and peaceful. I've had to interact with Russian mafia before, but frankly Manilla made me more nervous. Incredibly nice people. No kidding that Emelda Marcos barged me out of an elevator.

Every American should have to go overseas a couple of times into the real countries. Would make this a better place with appreciation and have more respect for other cultures.

Did you take notice of the shoes Emelda was wearing

I am thinking possibly 8 to as worse as 11.

Top three players gone. Question marks all over the place.

As a weight lifter right out of high school, “1979” the body builders went by the old adage of “no pain no gain”. I expect a lot of pain this season with a lot of gain the following season.

Truly hope I am wrong and we are much better than what I expect. If both of the twin brothers do well and a guard surprises and exceeds expectations and the transfer center can be consistent and hold his own under the basket, then I could revise my expectations a bit.

If only if’s and but’s were candy and nut’s what a wonderful world Hawkeye Land would be. :)
Lou Ferrigno should have dominated that era, post Arnold and pre Lee Haney, but he gave up the prime years of his ompetitive bodybuilding career to become an actor. In his stead, smaller body builders like Frank Zane, Franco Columbu, Chris Dickerson, and Samir Bannout won Mr Olympia titles

None were over 200 lbs (Columbo was closest, Shawn Ray would have dominated that era). Frank Zane competed at 180-185. The biggest bodybuilders of the era, like Mike Mentzer, were out of step with the trends of the time. It wasn't until Lee Haney arrived on the scene in 1983, then won eight Olympias in a row 1984-1991, that mass returned in vogue.

Welp, we aren't the only team that lost top talent. Others would logically be expected to drop off also. Mayb we can hang onto that for some hope!
Purdue up

Ilnstaus quo

MSU up

M status quo.
Did you take notice of the shoes Emelda was wearing
She had on black shoes with a medium high heel with a bright yellow dress. Her hair was coal black (obviously died) I was kinda shocked at the way she just about had the group run over me. She was early 80s then. I knew who she was but was in surprise. I had just worked out and was sweating pretty good so I didn't try and get in, but whished I had, though there wouldn't have been much room. I went over to the front desk where I had gotten to know the guy behind the counter and asked if that was her and he said yes. She had an entourage of brightly and well dressed women with her. She lived nearby the hotel and was there about everyday.

Security getting into the hotel was tight. They had dogs all over the vehicle and swept underneath. They'd had a terrorist attack a few years prior. The Govt just drove a tank in the lobby and began firing. Going through city check points was unnerving due to the machine guns and guys who looked like they'd shoot and then ask Who you are.

In Kyiv Ukraine, I was there during massive protests. We had to bribe an officer to get through the barricade to get to our hotel. My vehicle got stuck in traffic right in the middle of an intersection and the communists were coming down one street and the nationalists from the opposite direction. I thought they were going to clash but they just passed us each group on another side of the vehicle. That night the embassy told us to stay in the hotel, but I went out and mingled with the protestors. Unbelievable guitar playing...like a big concert...well several big concerts. I asked some about their protesting and they said the US and Russia paid each side 60 bucks a day to carry signs and march. Was a great time, but later after I was long gone the Maidan violence occured. Newsweek had a photo of a woman making a firebomb on a wall... .I had given my daughters piggy back rides off that wall once.

The nation is made up of people who just want to live in peace, but outlying influence stirs up trouble.

Travel overseas is an eye opener if you don't go to the touristy places.

Purdue up

Ilnstaus quo

MSU up

M status quo.

She had on black shoes with a medium high heel with a bright yellow dress. Her hair was coal black (obviously died) I was kinda shocked at the way she just about had the group run over me. She was early 80s then. I knew who she was but was in surprise. I had just worked out and was sweating pretty good so I didn't try and get in, but whished I had, though there wouldn't have been much room. I went over to the front desk where I had gotten to know the guy behind the counter and asked if that was her and he said yes. She had an entourage of brightly and well dressed women with her. She lived nearby the hotel and was there about everyday.

Security getting into the hotel was tight. They had dogs all over the vehicle and swept underneath. They'd had a terrorist attack a few years prior. The Govt just drove a tank in the lobby and began firing. Going through city check points was unnerving due to the machine guns and guys who looked like they'd shoot and then ask Who you are.

In Kyiv Ukraine, I was there during massive protests. We had to bribe an officer to get through the barricade to get to our hotel. My vehicle got stuck in traffic right in the middle of an intersection and the communists were coming down one street and the nationalists from the opposite direction. I thought they were going to clash but they just passed us each group on another side of the vehicle. That night the embassy told us to stay in the hotel, but I went out and mingled with the protestors. Unbelievable guitar playing...like a big concert...well several big concerts. I asked some about their protesting and they said the US and Russia paid each side 60 bucks a day to carry signs and march. Was a great time, but later after I was long gone the Maidan violence occured. Newsweek had a photo of a woman making a firebomb on a wall... .I had given my daughters piggy back rides off that wall once.

The nation is made up of people who just want to live in peace, but outlying influence stirs up trouble.

Purdue up

Ilnstaus quo

MSU up

M status quo.

,most had machine guns!

Mayb we should take a poll? I met her on FB thru her aunt, who lives in my home town. No, I broke up with her. Went over there twice, was going to retire there due to the nearly 50 to 1 currency rate. Was simply too damn hot for me. Its a complete change in CLIMATE, not just weather. After I came back the second time , was here about a half a year when she decided she needed a boyfriend there. Told her that didn't work for me.
Got to travel to Dallas, San Francisco. LOS Angeles, Tokyo, Seoul and Manilla tho. Not bad for a country boy from Iowa who,d never been anywhere in my life b4. Thats all Ill say on that subject.
You have a good memory brother.

Are you by chance a man of "advanced size?" One time I saw a documentary about this guy named Big Ed who spent some time in the Philippines and Big Ed, though short, was a big guy and was peak male performance personified. This dude was sweating like a whore in church on Easter Sunday just from walking around a market outside.

You need to work up to dealing with that weather. When I lived in Tokyo they never ran the A/C at home and it was hotter than balls there and it seriously rained every fucking day for like 3 months straight. I had to wear a suit all the damned time and I adapted eventually. Now, I actually love the heat. A/C has made people fucking soft. Listening to people bitch about the heat when its 94 with the dew point in the high 80's just makes my day. If you can't take the heat move to Maine, assholes.

Purdue up

Ilnstaus quo

MSU up

M status quo.

No, I,m not that big, tho I could stand to drop 30 pounds. The first time I visited eas in June/July so I knew what to expect. The lady time was in end of Nov/ early Dec. I was giving myself 3 months to acclimate but it was every bit as hot then. On top of that. I blv that is the rainy season so add 100% humidity to it! I talked to a guy Switzerland there n he said he,d been there10 years n still not used to it.

Are you by chance a man of "advanced size?" One time I saw a documentary about this guy named Big Ed who spent some time in the Philippines and Big Ed, though short, was a big guy and was peak male performance personified. This dude was sweating like a whore in church on Easter Sunday just from walking around a market outside.

You need to work up to dealing with that weather. When I lived in Tokyo they never ran the A/C at home and it was hotter than balls there and it seriously rained every fucking day for like 3 months straight. I had to wear a suit all the damned time and I adapted eventually. Now, I actually love the heat. A/C has made people fucking soft. Listening to people bitch about the heat when its 94 with the dew point in the high 80's just makes my day. If you can't take the heat move to Maine, assholes.
No I'm 5 10 and 165. I can take the heat....Iowa farm boy. It's the winter I like less now.

Thanks for the very interesting story

Damn, the only time I have been out of the country was going to Victoria in Canada with
my brother who lives in Seattle. The people in Victoria were very polite, although one woman glared at my bother while we were walking around the downtown area. He always had a cigarette in his mouth with a 2/3 inch ash hanging. I asked him if he had noticed the glare, and he replied: F her, David

And going to Negril, Jamaica with my pals for a couple of weeks every now and then
Ten dollars a night apiece with cold showers, but we weren't here to stay in our rooms

Never have had air conditioning and love the heat

My house is surrounded by trees and windows all the way around for breezes

After Mitral Valve repair about 10 years ago, air conditioning is almost painful iwhen it is too low

Some people never have fresh air in their homes. Their windows are seldom open
heat in the Winter and immediately air conditioning the rest of the year

Thanks for the very interesting story

Damn, the only time I have been out of the country was going to Victoria in Canada with
my brother who lives in Seattle. The people in Victoria were very polite, although one woman glared at my bother while we were walking around the downtown area. He always had a cigarette in his mouth with a 2/3 inch ash hanging. I asked him if he had noticed the glare, and he replied: F her, David

And going to Negril, Jamaica with my pals for a couple of weeks every now and then
Ten dollars a night apiece with cold showers, but we weren't here to stay in our rooms
Canada reminds me a lot of Iowa. Very non diverse but nice place. Nothing special. Citizens having a bit of just plain Jane complex. Been to all provinces except Nanavut and New Brunswick. Yukon is spectacularly beautiful, but few ever see it.

You guys need to stop with the pessimism. Because of it, Joe Lunardi has dropped us from an 8 seed to a 10 seed in his bracketology. Any more negative talk will have us on the wrong side of the bubble.
I hope you're being sarcastic. I seriously doubt that any sentiments expressed on this board are affecting Joe Lunardi in any sense.

Lots of good points here and, As, it has been said many times before" Hard work beats Talent when talent doesn't work hard!!" This IOWA team has pride!! don't think for one second that the fellas don't read and see this stuff and they gotta have the " Yeah ok... we'll see.. lets lace up" attitude !!
GO Hawks!!