Way too early Men's Bball poll

Where does Iowa finish in the conference this year?

• Top 4

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 5-7

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • 8-10

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Bottom 4

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I

Ian Pike Hammer

We pretty much know what we got, still a ways to go b4 the season starts and we prolly don't know half as much as we need to about the rest of the league, but let's gauge where we think Iowa will finish in the conference. Yeah, I know, "X" the unknown factors, injuries [ours and theirs] etc...

We pretty much know what we got, still a ways to go b4 the season starts and we prolly don't know half as much as we need to about the rest of the league, but let's gauge where we think Iowa will finish in the conference. Yeah, I know, "X" the unknown factors, injuries [ours and theirs] etc...
Did you ever get married to that Filipino mail order deal?

5,6,7 - with the off chance of 8-10 IMO but I'll believe the 8-10 when I see it. Iowa's only finished worse than tied for 6th place in the B1G .....ONE time in the last 9 years.

So, we lost a lot, but it's kind of unprecedented territory with only one outlier and that season our potential starting PG left basically on the eve of the season opener.

5,6,7 - with the off chance of 8-10 IMO but I'll believe the 8-10 when I see it. Iowa's only finished worse than tied for 6th place in the B1G .....ONE time in the last 9 years.

So, we lost a lot, but it's kind of unprecedented territory with only one outlier and that season our potential starting PG left basically on the eve of the season opener.
I still think the success at the end of the year before set them up for failure that year. They were too young and thought they were too good.

JT can do it if Fran lets him and CM doesn't cloud that. JW was apparently a lot more athletic than thought. PM can move and drive but can he do post and rebound in a traditional sense? JB maybe more mature? Big is wide open. How will IL do?

I still think the success at the end of the year before set them up for failure that year. They were too young and thought they were too good.
Yeah I agree with that too, I just think, while Williams wasn't going to be all conference or anything and by no means was a huge difference maker, his departure also threw a huge wrench in things from a roster stand point that season. Even if he wasn't that impactful of a player, he would have filled a role that team desperately needed so to say and then Connor got sick and injured and by that time things were already off the rails. It truly in hindsight now IMO looks like a anomaly season. I think preparing a roster and having everything in place to plan is HUGE thing and something that's hard to over come "in season" -- injuries, departures and what not are even more impactful during the year because there isn't as much time to plan for that kind of factor.

Did you ever get married to that Filipino mail order deal?
Mayb we should take a poll? I met her on FB thru her aunt, who lives in my home town. No, I broke up with her. Went over there twice, was going to retire there due to the nearly 50 to 1 currency rate. Was simply too damn hot for me. Its a complete change in CLIMATE, not just weather. After I came back the second time , was here about a half a year when she decided she needed a boyfriend there. Told her that didn't work for me.
Got to travel to Dallas, San Francisco. LOS Angeles, Tokyo, Seoul and Manilla tho. Not bad for a country boy from Iowa who,d never been anywhere in my life b4. Thats all Ill say on that subject.
You have a good memory brother.

Mayb we should take a poll? I met her on FB thru her aunt, who lives in my home town. No, I broke up with her. Went over there twice, was going to retire there due to the nearly 50 to 1 currency rate. Was simply too damn hot for me. Its a complete change in CLIMATE, not just weather. After I came back the second time , was here about a half a year when she decided she needed a boyfriend there. Told her that didn't work for me.
Got to travel to Dallas, San Francisco. LOS Angeles, Tokyo, Seoul and Manilla tho. Not bad for a country boy from Iowa who,d never been anywhere in my life b4. Thats all Ill say on that subject.
Did you actually get to see those towns or is that where your connecting flights happened to be?

Personally I can tell people I've been to Houston, Cleveland and DC but technically that's where I've boarded connecting flights so that probably doesn't count.

So what did u think of Manilla?

Did you actually get to see those towns or is that where your connecting flights happened to be?

Personally I can tell people I've been to Houston, Cleveland and DC but technically that's where I've boarded connecting flights so that probably doesn't count.
Some of both. When I had huge lay-overs I,d get out n about, see the sights etc. Always afraid I,d miss my next flight, however!
Got lost in Seoul, finally got 2the airport 10 minutes b4 my connecting flight!!

So what did u think of Manilla?
Frickin' hot!! A family with 4 kids stared at me for half an hour- they d never seen an American b4. The ppl were nice overall, though I was repeatedly warned about kidnapping and terrorist activities, couldn't enjoy it much.
I swear, we taxied on the runways for half an hour in Tokyo! That airport ih huge.

I have a tough time thinking we'll crack the top 6.. 7 seems like a reasonable goal and hopefully we don't fall further then 10. It could be pretty jumbled up in that range with little difference between em all though.

Frickin' hot!! A family with 4 kids stared at me for half an hour- they d never seen an American b4. The ppl were nice overall, though I was repeatedly warned about kidnapping and terrorist activities, couldn't enjoy it much.
I swear, we taxied on the runways for half an hour in Tokyo! That airport ih huge.
Manilla made me not comfortable. Miles and miles of people on top of people in the streets. Kidnappings do occur and in the rural areas. Sun comes up and sets about the same time every day with the temp the same. Incredibly beautiful countryside. The volcano area near Manilla is spectacular. The American cemetery there is beautiful and peaceful. I've had to interact with Russian mafia before, but frankly Manilla made me more nervous. Incredibly nice people. No kidding that Emelda Marcos barged me out of an elevator.

Every American should have to go overseas a couple of times into the real countries. Would make this a better place with appreciation and have more respect for other cultures.

I will go out on a limb and say 5-10.:)
I am thinking possibly 8 to as worse as 11.

Top three players gone. Question marks all over the place.

As a weight lifter right out of high school, “1979” the body builders went by the old adage of “no pain no gain”. I expect a lot of pain this season with a lot of gain the following season.

Truly hope I am wrong and we are much better than what I expect. If both of the twin brothers do well and a guard surprises and exceeds expectations and the transfer center can be consistent and hold his own under the basket, then I could revise my expectations a bit.

If only if’s and but’s were candy and nut’s what a wonderful world Hawkeye Land would be. :)

I am thinking possibly 8 to as worse as 11.

Top three players gone. Question marks all over the place.

As a weight lifter right out of high school, “1979” the body builders went by the old adage of “no pain no gain”. I expect a lot of pain this season with a lot of gain the following season.

Truly hope I am wrong and we are much better than what I expect. If both of the twin brothers do well and a guard surprises and exceeds expectations and the transfer center can be consistent and hold his own under the basket, then I could revise my expectations a bit.

If only if’s and but’s were candy and nut’s what a wonderful world Hawkeye Land would be. :)
Welp, we aren't the only team that lost top talent. Others would logically be expected to drop off also. Mayb we can hang onto that for some hope!