Way too early for Joe Lunardi...

mopkins

King Kong
After a measly 4 games, Lunardi has Iowa as 26th in his seed list, which equates to roughly a 6-7 seed.

Not unexpected, but he is high on the B1G

Shout out to Iowa for overachieving:

Now lets all laugh at this thread in 3 months when Iowa stumbles into the CBI.

Based on preseason expectations of the "experts" his over achieving and under achieving through 4 games look about right. And 4 games from now things will most likely change again.

Auburn was charged 24 fouls to Duke's 13.

Seriously, what kind of garbage is that?

If the fouls are even, Auburn wins.

Let's see how Duke vs Gonzaga plays out.

Duke wasn't dominant last night by any means. Missed free throws, missed threes, 13 turnovers. They didn't look unstoppable by any means.

Auburn was charged 24 fouls to Duke's 13.

Seriously, what kind of garbage is that?

If the fouls are even, Auburn wins.

Let's see how Duke vs Gonzaga plays out.
Did you even watch the game? Auburn never took it to the hole in the first half. They had zero FT attempts since they were chucking up jump shots the whole half.

Did you even watch the game? Auburn never took it to the hole in the first half. They had zero FT attempts since they were chucking up jump shots the whole half.
So Duke got to the line 34 times and Auburn got there 9 times and you're going to attribute that to a half of chucking up shots.

Auburn attempted 32 threes to Duke's 25. That's a sizeable difference. But it represented only 41.5% of their 77 shot attempts.

Duke's 25 represented 46.3% of it's 54 FG attempts.

Duke, in context, was chucking a lot more than Auburn.

My guess is that Duke was hammering Auburn inside a lot and it wasn't getting called.

Their shot charts both looked simiiar.

BTW, Gonzaga is handing Duke their ass right now. Plenty of time to play.

So Duke got to the line 34 times and Auburn got there 9 times and you're going to attribute that to a half of chucking up shots.

Auburn attempted 32 threes to Duke's 25. That's a sizeable difference. But it represented only 41.5% of their 77 shot attempts.

Duke's 25 represented 46.3% of it's 54 FG attempts.

Duke, in context, was chucking a lot more than Auburn.

My guess is that Duke was hammering Auburn inside a lot and it wasn't getting called.

Their shot charts both looked simiiar.

BTW, Gonzaga is handing Duke their ass right now. Plenty of time to play.
If you could learn how to read I stated for the half. In the first half auburn had 0 FT attempts. You can watch the replay where the announcers pointing out why there was such a big gap in FT attempts. Duke was much more aggressive going to the hoop while Auburn settled for jump shots. But it’s always the refs fault right? Typical clown fan response

If you could learn how to read I stated for the half. In the first half auburn had 0 FT attempts. You can watch the replay where the announcers pointing out why there was such a big gap in FT attempts. Duke was much more aggressive going to the hoop while Auburn settled for jump shots. But it’s always the refs fault right? Typical clown fan response
You must not read very well either. I seldom bring officiating into play. But 24 fouls to 13 is what is. Last night in the Gonzaga game Duke was in the bonus seven minutes into the second half. Gonzaga didn't get there until well after Duke was in the double bonus. And K was still out on the court whining. Must be muscle memory or something.

I'm the first to give credit to the opposition rather than call for my QB to be benched or my coach to be fired.

You're right. I didn't see much of the game and I only saw total game stats. I saw never saw first half stats. But I doubt Auburn was just chucking it every possession. Not based off the overall stats.

Where in almost 3,000 posts have I ever insuinated that I'm a clown fan. Don't ever call me a clown fan, again. I'm baching it next weekend. I can be at the Sports Column on two hours notice. I'll buy you a couple beers. And we can discuss a few things.

On second thought, not worth it. I got better things to worry about. It's Thanksgiving and I became a first time grandfather yesterday. That what is more important. Enjoy your Thanksgiving MiniMoe. And Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Last edited:
I watched the Auburn Duke game and I will say this . The officials could have called quite a few of those credited blocked shots with body contact . The refs biased performance really screwed Auburn . I was shocked Pearl didn’t get a T to protect his players . One thing I love about Fran is he will fight for his team . Fran would have went apeshit in that game.