Way to much Hype.

FYI Rudock is listed at 6'3", DBA. Regardless, if you watch his high school tapes you will see where the "hype" is coming from. Tremendous accuracy and has experience working in a pro-style system. Also shows pretty good mobility and speed. Rudock has all the tools to be a very, very successful QB at Iowa.

You're forgetting that he's missing one very BIG important tool. A competent offensive coordinator....we don't have one. My evidence KOK called the same losing stretch play like 7 times against Oklahoma...hey Kenny are you watching the same freakin game the rest of the country is or are you just too stubborn and ****** because the fan base can see things you can't.

Let me see. Ruddock excelled at a HS that was at the top of the heap nationally. The school played the top HS competition in the country and was undefeated. He led the team and had fantastic numbers. Coaches at the school said he was a born leader and a can't miss prospect. Guess what, they've seen a ton of D1 talent in there tenure at Acquinas.

Believe the hype. Ask Derby. Sokol is also a great pick up. Believe it or not, QB's go down with injuries once in awhile.

As for KOK, I'm afraid we continue with this liability. Hopefully we can overcome this.

Let me see. Ruddock excelled at a HS that was at the top of the heap nationally. The school played the top HS competition in the country and was undefeated. He led the team and had fantastic numbers. Coaches at the school said he was a born leader and a can't miss prospect. Guess what, they've seen a ton of D1 talent in there tenure at Acquinas.

Believe the hype. Ask Derby. Sokol is also a great pick up. Believe it or not, QB's go down with injuries once in awhile.

As for KOK, I'm afraid we continue with this liability. Hopefully we can overcome this.

This. I've been ecstatic about Rudock ever since I saw his tapes. He was making all of the throws, and displayed very good mobility/speed. And he does that against some of the best HS competition in the nation. I suppose he could be the second coming of Jacory Harris (3* QB who looked awesome on a national championship team in HS, mild disappointment in college), but I'd take Harris over Christensen every day of the week.

until now i have not seen this hype you speak of other than when he committed
with those that I talk to, they don't see him starting til his sophamore year unless Vandy falls apart or gets hurt
you want to talk about hype just wait til next year if Iowa gets 5* Olsen out of NJ or that 4* kid out of Illinois
i would think a kid that leads his HS team to the HS National Championship would be hyped a bit by the hometown fans

I will sacrifice some mechanics for pocket presence and escapability. No mystery why our offense was "better" with Banks and Tate--two guys that could extend plays and improvise to overcome KOK's lack of creativity.

I will sacrifice some mechanics for pocket presence and escapability. No mystery why our offense was "better" with Banks and Tate--two guys that could extend plays and improvise to overcome KOK's lack of creativity.

This times ten. This is the glaring weakness in JVB's game right now. He simply isn't consistent in reading pressure and providing an ability to extend a play and allow a receiver to get open. On the touchdown to CJ the other night, he did a great job extending the play and getting the ball in a very tight opening. Unfortunately, there were 4-5 other opportunities where he either ran into a sack or just let panic take over.

If he can get a handle on this aspect of his game, a pretty big question mark, he really has a chance to make a step up next year. I'm hoping he can do it.

This times ten. This is the glaring weakness in JVB's game right now. He simply isn't consistent in reading pressure and providing an ability to extend a play and allow a receiver to get open. On the touchdown to CJ the other night, he did a great job extending the play and getting the ball in a very tight opening. Unfortunately, there were 4-5 other opportunities where he either ran into a sack or just let panic take over.

If he can get a handle on this aspect of his game, a pretty big question mark, he really has a chance to make a step up next year. I'm hoping he can do it.

I'm sure he will. Remember, when Stanzi was a junior, he threw about as many TDs to the opponents as his own receivers. He came back his senior season, worked on his problems, and became a much more complete QB. I know people like to dog on KOK, but Stanzi's development is something he never gets credit for, and I have confidence he can do the same for Jamie.

Well Rudock isn't left handed is he? Because I heard that the receivers couldn't pick up the reverse spiral very well with JC. . .

The idea that a player succeeds/doesn't succeed because of a fans thoughts or expectations is kind of ridiculous.

I remember a guy on the radio saying Jake C was on the same level as Tate and could possibly take his starting job.

Hype gets the best of people that think they know football.

Um, Tate broke a lot of Texas HS records set by some other short, mobile QB guy that played CFB at Purdue and went on to set some NFL QB records and shows signs of rewriting the whole book.

See the pattern? Drew got square pegged into a round hole Jr and Sr years. 2004 they molded the team to fit Drew. 2005 KF went into obstinate mode and tried to force Tate to be Len Dawson.

If you want the guilty party, well, do you remember that movie where the suddenly honest lawyer farts in the elevator at work? "It was me!" he says, exiting the defiled cubicle.

In Iowa's strange case with Drew Tate, KF was the one stepping out of the elevator saying, "It was ME!"

Latest posts