Way to go Iowa....way to make adjustments!!!!!

HaydenHawk56

The press really worked wonders! Great adjusment by Fran.

And thanks Purdue for settling for jumpers and ignoring their height advantage in the paint in the 2nd half!

Baer is a stud!

Also believe they adjusted to the way the game was being officiated. They were letting a lot of contact happen without whistle and Purdue was much more physical in first half. Playing defense like that for this team will have the hawks winning a lot, but most the times officials won't allow that kind of contact.

Weird to be on this side of a blown game. It's awesome. In the future though. Win every game by 30.

They put up 50 in the half!

My 13 yr. old daughter just sent me this TXT "Hey Dad, Hawks scored 20pts in first half and 50pts in second half, nice half time adjustments by Fran" couldn't have said it better myself!! That is 2 top 15 wins in a week! GO HAWKS

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

Ferentz could have used Fran on the sidelines yesterday for "1st half" adjustments.

My 13 yr. old daughter just sent me this TXT "Hey Dad, Hawks scored 20pts in first half and 50pts in second half, nice half time adjustments by Fran" couldn't have said it better myself!! That is 2 top 15 wins in a week! GO HAWKS

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

Smart girl!

What a comeback! Huge props to everybody that played their hearts out in the 2nd half.

In the first half, I thought that we played like we were afraid of their big men defensively. We would beat their guards off the dribble only to stop going and let their guards recover which lead to bad shots/turnovers.

Our post defense was absolutely magnificent in that second half. Every single player was exactly where they needed to be all night long quite frankly. The problem in the first half is we weren't locked in to guarding their shooters as our close outs were dreadful. Great pressure from the guards on the trap and in the half court. Purdue has had trouble with turnovers all year and we took advantage of extremely shaky point guard play.

Every single player in that second half was awesome. We maintained our composure down the stretch. This team has been talented enough to compete with anybody in this conference for a couple years and it looks like they have found their confidence against tough, physical, talented teams.

It's about time we brought the B1G title back to Iowa City :D.

Huge win, I thought we might be 0-2 or 1-1 at best and I havent even followed Bball that much yet, I knew MSU was #1 and without Valentine but didnt know much about Purdue.

again, Huge win.

I didn't panic when purdue started nailing 3's in the first half....you knew they would not be that efficient the whole game. The key was getting boards and loose balls as we did in the second half along with limiting the number of empty or one quick shot possessions. The cream rises to the top. Our boys kept playing. Gessell kept us churning...Jok kept shooting...Clemmons kept hustling...baer kept surprising..uthoff kept all american play...woody kept..well he kept at it. Victory.

I love baer at the front of the press. Dude remind me of white jumping around and hustling. Baer is probably a better outside shooter than white too. Will be fun watching him progress

That was an awesome second half. The press really made Purdue uncomfortable. The biggest take away to me was that this team isn't afraid if being physical. Before the year started I didn't think we had enough big bodies to be able to go against physical teams like MSU and Purdue, but there isn't a player on our team who chickened out against Hammons and Haas. I thought Baer, Clemmons and even Joe was really fighting hard against them.

I love baer at the front of the press. Dude remind me of white jumping around and hustling. Baer is probably a better outside shooter than white too. Will be fun watching him progress

I'll go back even further. Baer reminds me A LOT of Kevin Boyle. He's not as good defensively but better slightly better offensively. They're similar in size.

I just like what I see out of Baer.

GO HAWKS!!!

I'll go back even further. Baer reminds me A LOT of Kevin Boyle. He's not as good defensively but better slightly better offensively. They're similar in size.

I just like what I see out of Baer.

GO HAWKS!!!

KB didn't really progress/improve offensively after his soph year. Hopefully Baer won't hit that ceiling!

Latest posts