Way to go Hawks

How do think 2001 would have turned out if Kirk lost a 1/3 of his roster after 2000, and lets just say that those players included Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, Nate Kaeding, and Brad Banks?

I would think that it is a pretty lousy coach who loses all of his best players, and I would probably want a new coach, since the current coach can't build anything.

I remember Ferentz winning only one game his first year and I believe he lost 13 consecutive Big Ten games before stunning Michigan State at home.

I'm just not going to give up on Lickliter - let's see what happens the rest of this year and next year when more recruits come in.

I wish the Iowa fans would show up for the games - but maybe it is too much to ask at this point.

Big difference comparing football and basketball, but if you want to do it then you have to compare each in year 3. Ferentz won 58% of the games in year 3 (7-5) and for Lick to match that percent in his 3rd year, Iowa will have to go 14-1 in their last 15 games (14 regular season games left plus 1 in the BTT).

Mark the tape one year from now Iowa will be at or below their current win total they have right now...and people will still be saying, "well, give him another year with this recruiting class, and next years class looks really exciting, and cully payne knows how to run the system now, and we finally gave some opportunities to some walk-ons, and I went to CHA and there were at least 8000 people there and it was SO LOUD, and yadda yadda yadda on and on when does it end? "Can I get a Reality Check on Hawkeyenation.com please" for the Licklovers...

Barring transfers and injuries, I have to dissagree on both points. 1. Next years team will have a winning record going into B10 play. 2. If that doesn't happen and you are right about the win total, I think even the most loyal fans will decide it is time to go another direction. Even if you are not sold on next years class, the added experience and depth will not allow wiggle room for lack of improvment.

Ok Brad Banks didn't start in 2001 or make have any impact on the success of the team which was the point of the conversation. Thanks for clarifying that though.

Wow how far we have fallen when fans are excited and trying to pump up the fan base with a win over Tennessee State, or was it Lincoln Tech? ... That is great the players are trying but in life, sometimes just trying hard does not result in what we want to accomplish in life ... I don't think anyone is knocking on the players as individuals ... It is strictly the talent level ...

Latest posts