Watching the replay

Bluffhawk62

Tuesday is my last day before I forget about last Saturday's game and move on, so I thought I would get one last thing off my chest that was probably discussed already. So the 4th & 1 by the endzone that the badgers scored on, why didnt we bring the house there? You cant honestly think the coaches thought they were going to pass on that? Out of all the plays in that game, that is the one that bugged me the most.

I'm sure Kirk had complete confidence in our 4th string, true freshman, 205 pound freshman linebacker to stop their running attack....

I think we miss Norm.

Tillison made a play right before that on 3rd down. If he steps to the hole a half second earlier I think he stops Clay.

In an article I read... I believe from the Des Moines Register it said that Shane DiBona was in for Hunter. I had seen that Tillison had made that play as well, but just curious if Tillison got hurt or was removed for any particular reason? If this has already been mentioned/discussed I apologize.

Tillison made a play right before that on 3rd down. If he steps to the hole a half second earlier I think he stops Clay.

Yes, ST and coaching hurt us on Saturday, but more than anything, we missed Angerer and Edds on Saturday. How many times did those guys step up and plug holes or knock a pass down last year, especially against Wisky? They just had an instinctive knack that comes with experience. Right now, our LB play is solid, but not great.

I agree we miss Angerer and Edds, but they are gone and aren't coming back. It's no different than saying we miss Larry Station. If the defense can't have similar success playing the same way as when they were here then we need to mix it up a little. I haven't watched the entire game again, but it really appeared as if we did not do anything other than base 4-3 with two deep safeties the entire game. At some point, particularly on the last drive, you have to bring a safety up and to avoid the dreaded linebacker on receiver matchup. I really though jumping into the 3-4 on the 3rd and 4th down passing situations would have prevented that little crossing route, but we may not have had enough healthy linebackers to do it.

I agree we miss Angerer and Edds, but they are gone and aren't coming back. It's no different than saying we miss Larry Station. If the defense can't have similar success playing the same way as when they were here then we need to mix it up a little. I haven't watched the entire game again, but it really appeared as if we did not do anything other than base 4-3 with two deep safeties the entire game. At some point, particularly on the last drive, you have to bring a safety up and to avoid the dreaded linebacker on receiver matchup. I really though jumping into the 3-4 on the 3rd and 4th down passing situations would have prevented that little crossing route, but we may not have had enough healthy linebackers to do it.

What! Larry Station is gone?? When did that happen!?? :)

What! Larry Station is gone?? When did that happen!?? :)
Just heard Larry on the sports talk in Omaha not too long ago. He was being asked about the Nebraska/Iowa matchup next year. He is still a proud Hawkeye living in Omaha. Now, some of us have really given away our ages, considering Larry is older than me, I don't think he could help the team that much any more.

Latest posts