Watching Ohio State last night....

seepig

Watching OSU last night made several things crystal clear:

1. Our recruiting is sooooo outgunned we are screwed for a very long time.
2. Kirk has Barta convinced he should only expect a minor bowl win as the highest possible achievement (see Barta's statement) which is VERY sad
3. Being consistently outcoached means we will see a conference championship APPEARANCE only when Hell Freezes Over
4. Kirk stated earlier this year he is only going to recruit players within 7 hours that's a GIVE UP attitude if I've ever heard one
5. Kirk has gotten VERY comfortable (with a fat lifetime contract) and typically in sports that's when performance declines. Long time football coaches who believe they are untouchable have smaller brains than the rest of us...it's a scientific fact (Ron Burgundy)
6. It's time to move this train to another track folks and ANYONE who thinks otherwise is a delusional homer.

When did KF say this "4. Kirk stated earlier this year he is only going to recruit players within 7 hours that's a GIVE UP attitude if I've ever heard one" ???? If he did that is a ludicrous statement when there are a lot of top talent in FL, TX, and CA and all you need is to get a few of them.

Agreed and YES he did state this and it was reported on several sites. I have a HUGE problem with that that means he's just getting old and lazy.

2. Kirk has Barta convinced he should only expect a minor bowl win as the highest possible achievement (see Barta's statement) which is VERY sad
3. Being consistently outcoached means we will see a conference championship APPEARANCE only when Hell Freezes Over
4. Kirk stated earlier this year he is only going to recruit players within 7 hours that's a GIVE UP attitude if I've ever heard one
5. Kirk has gotten VERY comfortable (with a fat lifetime contract) and typically in sports that's when performance declines. Long time football coaches who believe they are untouchable have smaller brains than the rest of us...it's a scientific fact (Ron Burgundy)
6. It's time to move this train to another track folks and ANYONE who thinks otherwise is a delusional homer.

Fail

Agreed and YES he did state this and it was reported on several sites. I have a HUGE problem with that that means he's just getting old and lazy.

He said it, but we have been in Texas and Florida more than ever AFTER he said it.

2015 verbals from TX or FL:
Higdon
Smith
Falconer
Jinning
Ogwo

Still pursuing:
Talen
Ruben Jones
Chris Hart
Crawford

I know that's why his stupid statement was so stupid. I'm certain it's because Brian, LeVar and Bobby Kennedy went back to him and said Coach that was silly we need those kids.

LOL Fail coming from a fan that has as many thumbs down as thumbs up. My point is we are soooo far off from competing it's disturbing.

...made me realize how pathetic it was that we finished 4th, having one of the weakest schedules in one of the weakest divisions in college football.

The majority of the fans feel this way. I guess we don't count.

LOL Fail coming from a fan that has as many thumbs down as thumbs up. My point is we are soooo far off from competing it's disturbing.

Yep, some "mysterious" troll alt threw my thumb ratio all out of whack!

as for being competitive… We seem to be pretty competitive against OSU last year when we played them. And we were pretty competitive in the game against Wiscy this year. I don't subscribe to the doom and gloom outlook that you do.

Yep, some "mysterious" troll alt threw my thumb ratio all out of whack!

as for being competitive… We seem to be pretty competitive against OSU last year when we played them. And we were pretty competitive in the game against Wiscy this year. I don't subscribe to the doom and gloom outlook that you do.

Yep you just subscribe to endless mediocrity....

IMO, tO$U is an aberration. Not only in the B1G, but nationally.

While most "elite" programs go through some sort of mini-down cycle (4-6 years) over the years (scUM, TX, FL, Alabama, etc), other than 99-01, the Buckeyes just haven't. And never below .500 other than 88. (I'm using data back to the early 80s).

To compare Iowa to tO$U is like comparing a Chevy to a Lexus....just never going to be a fair comparison.

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/OhioState.htm#2010

Didn't he actually say he would give up on recruiting Western Pennsylvania, since they only ever got 1 kid out of there? BTW, he's from there. Coach can't recruit his backyard.

Also, if he did say this, that should be an automatic fire-able offense. That's like purposely tanking a program. You recruit where the players are. Part of the job.

The o$u suckeyes stink, and they arr lousy cheaters. A lot of those players are there only because the program completely lacks any form of academic integrity and will rig the system to give players bogus passing grades. Iowa runs a far more upstanding program, and if the ncaa did their job cheater programs like o4u would not be allowed to continue what they do.