Watching Michigan right now: I like our chances next week

Without Young, their title team probably doesnt even win 10 games. They dont come back vs Okie State that year, I guarantee it.

Without Pryor, this OSU team is an 8 or 9 win team, not one vying for the title. Without Denard Robinson, this Michigan team probably wouldnt be .500 with it's horrid defense.

there are always other options, but those options are typically not difference makers otherwise they'd be plan A

Of course they aren't, and that's why they aren't option A. You take away any team's best player, and they will suffer for it. But even today, Robinson hasn't really been shut down. He's thrown behind receivers on both of his redzone picks, it wasn't something that MSU did.

Every title contender has that difference-maker, on one side of the ball or the other. For USC it was Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, or Reggie Bush. Oklahoma it was Jason White or AP. Texas, VY and McCoy. The list goes on. You take those guys away, and you probably win against those teams. Very rarely does a title contender NOT have that difference-maker that they lean on more than anyone else.

Iowa does not need break-away speed from the RBs if Michigan's DBs keep failing to take the proper angles and don't learn how to tackle. Iowa's RBs run through them.

Iowa does need to pound the ball to set up play-action to get it into the hands of McNutt and DJK. Nothing new about that. It's going to boil down to Iowa's OL executing and DL staying in assignments. Nothing new about that either.

Michigan will move the ball on Iowa and most likely have trouble in the red zone. Iowa will move the ball on Michigan and not have trouble in the red zone.

Michigan is terrible today. Poor throws, drops, missed tackles, missed assignments. Pretty much everything you could do wrong they have. Absolutely terrible and honestly inexcusable all around. The defense is horrendous which everyone knew, but the offense has missed numerous opportunities. I am confident they will win 7 games this year and not beat a good team the rest of the way. I would have to say the Oline has been the most disappointing as well as Denard. They are getting killed. I do not look forward to next week.

Michigan is terrible today. Poor throws, drops, missed tackles, missed assignments. Pretty much everything you could do wrong they have. Absolutely terrible and honestly inexcusable all around. The defense is horrendous which everyone knew, but the offense has missed numerous opportunities. I am confident they will win 7 games this year and not beat a good team the rest of the way. I would have to say the Oline has been the most disappointing as well as Denard. They are getting killed. I do not look forward to next week.
Yeah, how often does that happen in back-to-back weeks? Doesn't seem very often.

Maybe the Mich O is pressing because they haven't beat MSU in awhile and they know they have to do something every possession because their defense sucks. The weight of being undefeated will be off their shoulders next week.

But their defense will still suck.

There is no denying that DRob should be emphasized in that offense. What he is showing today though is that he needs a lot of work on reading zone defense and finding the seams. The drops that have happened, happen to every quarterback and it is the qb's job to bounce back. He has not played well today.

DRob still has some growing up to do as far as being a throwing quarterback. His running skills are there but you see today what different schemes and looks can do to him, confuse him into bad throws. The throws that were behind recievers are results of this. WHen you see zones you can think seems are there and throw it to one spot while the seam or gap is actually in a different spot. He will be great, but he is not the Heisman Contender that everyone pegged him as. Give him a year or two, and maybe.

Just for reference on the VY/D-Rob comparison I was making: Vince Young accounted for 61% of Texas' total offense in 2005, Denard Robinson has accounted for 67% of Michigan's offense. That's not a huge difference there. The difference maker will account for a LARGE amount of the offense, especially if they are a very athletic QB.

I feel better about dealing with Robinson next week than I had before. The other games he played that I saw I thought he was unstoppable. Their defense of course is terrible. I even feel better now about next year's game against Martinez of Nebraska. He also looked unstoppable last night against Kansas State just as Ribinson had.

There is no denying that DRob should be emphasized in that offense. What he is showing today though is that he needs a lot of work on reading zone defense and finding the seams. The drops that have happened, happen to every quarterback and it is the qb's job to bounce back. He has not played well today.

DRob still has some growing up to do as far as being a throwing quarterback. His running skills are there but you see today what different schemes and looks can do to him, confuse him into bad throws. The throws that were behind recievers are results of this. WHen you see zones you can think seems are there and throw it to one spot while the seam or gap is actually in a different spot. He will be great, but he is not the Heisman Contender that everyone pegged him as. Give him a year or two, and maybe.

I would argue that his decision making wasn't all that bad. The first pick was a bad decision. The second was not, it was just a poor throw. That will happen and he has thrown more good ones on that route than bad ones. On the last one, Grady was actually going to be open but he threw it behind him. He needs to settle down at times.

The defense sucks.

If this game showed anything, its that Michigan State is a definate contender. I still like Iowa's chances against them at home, but its going to be a tough game. Other than Ohio State probably they are the toughest team Iowa will face in conference.

Iowa at Michigan..not a problem.

Latest posts