Watching Jones and Tracy carve up PSU

If only we had a receiver like Charlie Jones.
Oh. wait....

I chuckled at this as I thought how we could use him this year if our receivers don’t recover from their injuries.

On the other hand, if Charlie was like third or fourth on our depth chart then as Will Smith likes to say in his Movies “just damn!!!” Can’t wait to see our guys in action. Maybe I will end up eating my words of my criticism toward Brian F.

Would be thrilled to be wrong!!!

I think our defense will be excellent this season but couldn’t help but shake my head on how well Purdue’s offense was last night. Their QB is so good at getting rid of the ball quickly which makes it difficult to sack him. We did see some struggles when pressure was put on him. The key to beating this guy is going to have constant pressure on him and have our defense up on their receivers with tight coverage with the safeties backing up and protecting against the long passes. So if teams think they can defend Purdue with a standard rush they are sadly mistaken. Their QB will carve up defenses that don’t pressure the QB. Even though he is quick to get the ball out of his hand pressure will have to be there.

From everything I have read about this team we are playing on Saturday, they are excellent at moving the ball around through the air. So this will definitely be a test of our pass defense.

Last edited:
Purdues last 5 min exacution might have been the worse ive seen in awhile. Your up by 3 and all you do is throw the ball terrible playcalling that last 5 min.
Yep and it stopped the clock. Maybe short control passes like screens. They got greedy and got burnt.

Purdues last 5 min exacution might have been the worse ive seen in awhile. Your up by 3 and all you do is throw the ball terrible playcalling that last 5 min.

You can find quite a few examples of that in Brohm's tenure. He is a balls-to-the-wall type of coach, which can work out great, or can come back to bite you. He hasn't really shown much ability to modulate his approach to situation. That is probably both a strength and a weakness of his. Just like it is for KF, who resides on the opposite side of the spectrum.

The best parts of Brohm and KF mixed together would be the greatest college FB coach the world has ever seen.

For good examples of bad Brohm losses, see:

2018 NW, Eastern Mich, Missouri
2019 Nevada
2020 last 4 games (losses to NW, Minnesota, Rutgers, Nebraska)

Purdue with a lead in the 4th q threw the ball all but like twice.... I mean I used to put Brohm high up there as a guy I liked for calling a game but his play calling was what did them in. Even if you weren't getting 1st downs run the dang ball to burn clock. I just hate watching bad situational coaching and he did them in there's no two ways about it.

Sure Purdues D coulda tackled a lot better (especially on that last play of the 1st half) What a story that should be both teams couldn't tackle for shit. But for what that's worth I still think Brohm stopping the clock with so many incomplete passes in the 4th q was there problem. They could have taken off 2 or 3 more mins easily and changed the whole way PSU would have had to come back.

Jones can put up all the video game numbers he wants, I don't think he translates to the NFL either way. I am happy for him in that he went to a place that will showcase his skill more, but I hope he enjoys losing, cause that aint changing at Purdue. If you leave a program that has the eighth-best winning % among P5 teams the last 5 years for a program that is annually dog shit as a whole - congrats I guess? I would much rather be Iowa than Purdue so I don't get all the fawning here... they fucking lost, classic Purdue.

I don't know if this has been said, but the thread title is BS. Tracy had one catch for eight yards and at least one drop. Jones, on the other hand...

Latest posts