Watching 2003 Mich at Iowa

Hawkimi

I had forgotten how slow afoot and what a horrible passing motion Nathan Chandler had as quarterback! He was big and strong!

Yes, Nate was FrankenQB.
But he didn't hurt the team, or certainly didn't do the sort of brainless damage to drives that the likes of Jake teh Fake did.

I remember that game well. It was my oldest daughter's 11th birthday. Wife and I took her and one of her friends to the game. We paid to have the scoreboard read "Happy 11th Birthday". Gt picture of sign. Afterwards, we went to dinner at the Coralville Olive Gardern (her choice). When we left, Robert Gallery was with friends/family outside waiting for a table. In the words of my daughter's friend, "he's HUGE!" Gallery heard her, and said "thanks." All in all, a great day...good birthday, great game.

A great game. There were a ton of future NFL players in that game. Gallery, Kaeding, Sanders, Greenway, Hodge, Babineaux, Roth, Considine, Breaston, Edwards, Avant, Marlin Jackson, Massaquoi, Woods... I know I didn't get all of them, but you get the drift. Those were the days.

I think I was at this game and I think I remember it being one of the loudest games I ever attended. Of course, the reliability of my memory is very questionable.

A great game. There were a ton of future NFL players in that game. Gallery, Kaeding, Sanders, Greenway, Hodge, Babineaux, Roth, Considine, Breaston, Edwards, Avant, Marlin Jackson, Massaquoi, Woods... I know I didn't get all of them, but you get the drift. Those were the days.

Don't forget about Chris Perry who was a Heisman finalist.

That Michigan team may have been the best team Iowa has beaten under Ferentz. Lost @Oregon, @Iowa, and to USC in LA that season.

Ramon Ochoa may/should have been the offensive MVP.

He is the reason why I bought into the 'next man in' mantra at least til 2005 anyway.:D

I remember the wisky game where Chandler played horribly and it was basically Ochoa and to a lesser degree Russell that carried the offense that game.

I guess what I took out of watching it was how much better the '03 defense was compared to last year's crew. I mean, it's not even close.

I think I was at this game and I think I remember it being one of the loudest games I ever attended. Of course, the reliability of my memory is very questionable.

Yes, very very loud near the end of the game.

Chandler looked very slow, but had some deceptive speed. Ended up with 6 TDs and a 42 yard jaunt. Chandler had 89 carries for 138 yards, but that includes sacks. Using the Iowa stat link below, he gained 340 yards on the ground, but lost 210, primarily due to sacks.

University of Iowa Official Athletic Site Iowa

I remember the wisky game where Chandler played horribly and it was basically Ochoa and to a lesser degree Russell that carried the offense that game.

The defense turned the momentum big time in that game. Sanders, Jovon Johnson and Considine all had picks that I believe set up TD's. Considine took his down to the 1 yard line and Russell scampered in for the lead.

That 2003 game in Madison is a Hawkeye classic and one of my favorite games I have watched.

I'll never forget Chandler's run against ISU, probably his 42 yarder, I remember it being a long run but maybe not as long because he was slow. Anyway, he ran for at least 20 yards and plowed over a DB, it was awesome.

Latest posts