Watched a bit of the replay of the Nevada Game and

I get it, but I honestly do not believe that the coaches anticipated that the returning players would struggle this much. Let's not forget that we unexpectedly lost a pretty good starter in Britt over the Summer. Having him at RG would be a huge improvement on the right.

And, even if the coaches knew there was a problem over the Winter and Spring such there was time to comb through the portal, the portal is a tough place to find OL that can come in over the Summer, learn the system, and be ready to contribute as a starter after being on campus for a few months. Its an unlikely scenario to say the least. Do I wish they would have tried? Sure. Do I know that they did try and could not find anybody? I don't.

The reality is that we (and Petras) are just going to have to live through some growing pains.
According to Scott Dochterman article we did court “a couple OL” in the portal, who ended up going to other B10 schools.

I get it, but I honestly do not believe that the coaches anticipated that the returning players would struggle this much. Let's not forget that we unexpectedly lost a pretty good starter in Britt over the Summer. Having him at RG would be a huge improvement on the right.

And, even if the coaches knew there was a problem over the Winter and Spring such there was time to comb through the portal, the portal is a tough place to find OL that can come in over the Summer, learn the system, and be ready to contribute as a starter after being on campus for a few months. Its an unlikely scenario to say the least. Do I wish they would have tried? Sure. Do I know that they did try and could not find anybody? I don't.

The reality is that we (and Petras) are just going to have to live through some growing pains.

Since March, we have lost 3 guys that were in our 2 deeps, including 2 who were likely starters:

Ince
Britt
Davidkov

Would those 3 make a difference? Who knows, but they wouldn't have hurt.

The right side of our OL whiffed on way too many blocks.

What can he do? I think this scenario is precisely suited for the transfer portal. We are starting a RS freshman & sophomore on the right side and they are overmatched. I don’t believe KF and staff did not see this coming.
It seems we have been waiting for talent to develop for years now, but we’re playing freshman & sophomores which indicates the development is not happening. What is alarming is the lack of Plan B (transfer portal) when the development doesn’t happen.
We did wiff on a couple of classes on the O-Line from the 2018-2019 classes. Some didn't develop, some transferred. Add in some injury issues previously commented on, most notably Britt and Inge. Having just those two could have made a pretty big difference. But this is why the Freshman & Sophomore classes are having to play now.

Many seem to also be forgetting the loss of Lindebaum to the NFL and the leadership he would have brought this season.