Watch Iowa's next opponent in one hour....

Playmaker

Illinois St. VS NDSU at noon....NDSU going for 4 straight Championships. (National....not Bowl) Snort......

I was just going to start a thread on this because you can scout two future opponents as I think we play NDSU in a couple of years.

I tell you what as bad as the tackling and somewhat offense was in the tax(we got)slayed bowl I would bet even money Illinois St beats us to start next year.

I have zero confidence in KF to have his team ready, to have mostly elite players on the field, to run against 8 in the box and even try to throw the ball deep, the hawks better really stop giving up the big pass and run plays on defense if they want to continue to play their style of defense and slow motion offense.

I can see the hawks starting 0-3 or 0-4 next year.

Last edited:
First I thought they were playing for the status of being the team CJB transfers to.

Now I think the winner gets CJB and the loser gets JR for one year.

I watched the second half of this game and illinois state runs a great offense. No way does iowa stop Roberson the dual threat QB. Iowa good be an at home vegas underdog to a FCS team for the first time in history..sadly we have sunk to iowa states level.

Vegas may not have us a underdog, but I wouldn't put money on Iowa against them if it were a Pick Em. If their WR's can learn how to catch the ball, their QB will have 400 yards combined against us....the game might not even be close.

I can't remember a time when Iowa came out looking sharp on opening day. Why would 2015 be any different?

Vegas may not have us a underdog, but I wouldn't put money on Iowa against them if it were a Pick Em. If their WR's can learn how to catch the ball, their QB will have 400 yards combined against us....the game might not even be close.

He'll actually probably have 500 yards and they'll beat us by 4 touchdowns. We'll score, but it'll be garbage time when Wiegers comes in.

Seriously...what happens if we lose the opener and then against ISU? Will the Jonestown faithful drive into concrete barriers and off overpasses on the way home from Ames?

I watched the second half of this game and illinois state runs a great offense. No way does iowa stop Roberson the dual threat QB. Iowa good be an at home vegas underdog to a FCS team for the first time in history..sadly we have sunk to iowa states level.

At our worst we can't sink that low.

Roberson is damn good. Couple that with the usual Iowa forgetting how to play over the summer even with a veteran squad I would not want to place a bet on this game.

Watched Ill. St. play UNI at the dome. Roberson not very impressive in that game.

So he didn't look impressive in the only game the team lost all year before yesterday? I would think maybe that's a big reason why they lost, since he was pretty spectacular all year. Threw for over 3,000 yards and 27 touchdowns (9 picks) and ran for over 1,000 yards and 10 scores, all prior to yesterday's game. He threw 3 TD passes and ran for 161 yards (on just 11 carries) and a TD yesterday.

The kid can play, and he's going to give our defense fits. Whether that's enough for Ill. St. to beat us remains to be seen. But he'll at least have them in the game.

You will beat Ill st. But 2016 vs ndsu will be a dang tough game it's just a winning culture up there!

Latest posts