Watch: Fran, Dolph Address Relationship

I’m sure just like any working relationships there are ups and downs but the narrative was really created or maybe even confirmed with the statement made during the last suspension.

They could have just suspended Dolph for the 2 games and it would have been justified but it’s like they went out of there way to add the ongoing tensions part of the statement.

I’m sure just like any working relationships there are ups and downs but the narrative was really created or maybe even confirmed with the statement made during the last suspension.

They could have just suspended Dolph for the 2 games and it would have been justified but it’s like they went out of there way to add the ongoing tensions part of the statement.

We ask for some transparency from these guys.

We get some during the press conference from Dolph's first suspension. Barta tells us there have been ongoing tensions. That morphs into Fran is trying to get Dolph fired after the second suspension.

That's a big leap, IMO.

They've had issues. They both talked about it.

They're adults. They're working through it. They're watching the game together today.

It's a HUGE leap to go from "ongoing tensions" to "Fran will stop at nothing to get him fired". It also makes no sense.

We all know that the natural thing to do when someone says something that can be received as racist is over react. We see it everywhere, not just here. People are losing their jobs all over the country for similar things.

We all know that Barta handles every situation terribly. Why do we need a conspiracy theory to explain why he handled this one terribly?

We all know that Kirk controls Barta, not Fran. Since Kirk likes Dolph and Barta obeys Kirk, how can people think Fran could make Barta do something that would piss Kirk off?

Just a horribly thought out conspiracy theory. Of course, most of them are.

I would like to have heard the part of the conversation that Dolph said he wouldn't share. My guess is it was Fran saying how BS all the PC crap is and how you can't win no matter what you say.

Also the narrative that Fran holds grudges seems wrong to me. I've heard a lot of people say just the opposite. That Fran can be a jerk in the moment, but after that he's nice and professional. Pretty much the opposite of holding grudges. I wonder if Rob can comment on that?

Fran and I have bumped heads. Kirk and I have bumped heads.

I've been around Fran for nine years and Kirk for going on 21. It happens.

We all have a good working relationship. No grudges. We're adults and we move on.

We get some during the press conference from Dolph's first suspension. Barta tells us there have been ongoing tensions. That morphs into Fran is trying to get Dolph fired after the second suspension.

That's a big leap, IMO.

They're adults. They're working through it. They're watching the game together today.

Fair enough but I also get the sense that this whole watching the game together is PR deal to try overcome the issue they created in stating there are ongoing tensions.

But I agree even if they have had issues doesn’t mean Fran was gunning to get Gary fired.

Fair enough but I also get the sense that this whole watching the game together is PR deal to try overcome the issue they created in stating there are ongoing tensions.

But I agree even if they have had issues doesn’t mean Fran was gunning to get Gary fired.
I made the observation the moment the news of Dolphin's suspended broke that Fran better have more important things to worry about than worry about Dolph's situation, let alone pursue action.

He sort of has a team about to enter the most exciting and critical phase of the season.

And then some on here were posting threads about how this would affect recruiting. Does anyone think a player chooses a university based on the announcer, or issues with that announcer?

Raise your hand if you can even name more than two play by play guys at other B1G schools. Matt Lepay at Wisconsin and Larry Barnhardt at Illinois are about as deep as I can go.

That's a big leap, IMO.

<<They're watching the game together today>>

Who's leading the first verse of Kum-Bah-Yah?

I made the observation the moment the news of Dolphin's suspended broke that Fran better have more important things to worry about than worry about Dolph's situation, let alone pursue action.

He sort of has a team about to enter the most exciting and critical phase of the season.

And then some on here were posting threads about how this would affect recruiting. Does anyone think a player chooses a university based on the announcer, or issues with that announcer?

Raise your hand if you can even name more than two play by play guys at other B1G schools. Matt Lepay at Wisconsin and Larry Barnhardt at Illinois are about as deep as I can go.

It's not about recruits not coming here because what the announcer said. It's about them not liking the fans defending him because they might think that means we're racist. When in actuality, most Iowans are oblivious to racism because we dont have it much here. You would think that would be a good thing, but for some reason people like Gold paint it as a bad thing. Not being aware of the extent of racism because you don't see it around you as about as good as it gets. I don't want it any other way.

It's not about recruits not coming here because what the announcer said. It's about them not liking the fans defending him because they might think that means we're racist. When in actuality, most Iowans are oblivious to racism because we dont have it much here. You would think that would be a good thing, but for some reason people like Gold paint it as a bad thing. Not being aware of the extent of racism because you don't see it around you as about as good as it gets. I don't want it any other way.
I'm not gonna speak for all Iowans, but I have several in-laws in Iowa that are racist AF (one of them being a very high ranking official in Des Moines). Most of them do a decent job hiding it, but there have been a few times they've exposed themselves.

Latest posts