wasn't indiana just a classic crap sandwich game...

scottsdalehawk

wisky and mich st one piece of bread

NW and ohio st the other piece of bread

and the crap in the middle

isn't that all this is? no one wanted to be there... We certainly have NW and ohio circled as the biggies!!!!!

I think we come back and hammer NW ..... 10 - 17 points

then the championship game

I'm not sure yet what to think about last Saturday's performance.

I don't see us beating NW by 10-17 points given we have lost the last 2 meetings to them, they are better than IU [with mobile QB] and we are playing on the road. This is our season on the line Saturday. Forget about OSU at this point.

I'm not sure yet what to think about last Saturday's performance.

I don't see us beating NW by 10-17 points given we have lost the last 2 meetings to them, they are better than IU [with mobile QB] and we are playing on the road. This is our season on the line Saturday. Forget about OSU at this point.

jNW is not better than IU. Their entire offense is based on two players. Persa at QB and Ebert at WR. Persa is by far the team's leading rusher as Trumpy is usually only good for 40-50 YPG. After Ebert, the rest of the receivers pale in comparison. The defense is better than Indiana's but the offense is fairly even. If we can keep Persa in check (we did ok against Denard and he's much more mobile) then we should be able to force that offense to stall out. As far as us playing them on the road, it's true that they've beaten us four of the last five, but only one of those came in Evanston.

Could be.

I'm glad Robinson is back. As good as Coker was on Saturday we are going to need Adam's talents against the Wildcats. Ricky will need to step up this week as well if the Hawks want a victory.

I agree 100% with this post.

Indiana was a classic "trap" game and we were lucky to escape the trap.

I believe that Iowa will give maximum effort on Saturday. I'm not predicting victory, but I predict a great effort. And, we are so much better with Robinson in there. I hope he is 100% healthy.

Weather could be rough Saturday - the running game will be important.

wisky and mich st one piece of bread

NW and ohio st the other piece of bread

and the crap in the middle

isn't that all this is? no one wanted to be there... We certainly have NW and ohio circled as the biggies!!!!!

I think we come back and hammer NW ..... 10 - 17 points

then the championship game

Perhaps. But what would that make Minny?

I agree with those that think the Hawks will come out more prepared and fired up for jNWU. Left it all out there vs. MSU. This isn't entirely on point, but it's similar to when a team plays up and upsets the #1 team in the country. What is it, 6 of last 7 to do it lost their next game? We played MSU like we needed to beat the #1 team in the country, while of course MSU wasn't the #1 team in the country, and I think we're better than MSU, hence the seemingly unexplainable slaughterhouse. Typical for the game after to be a let down. Another pleasant suprise vs. jNWU this wknd.

jNW is not better than IU. Their entire offense is based on two players. Persa at QB and Ebert at WR. Persa is by far the team's leading rusher as Trumpy is usually only good for 40-50 YPG. After Ebert, the rest of the receivers pale in comparison. The defense is better than Indiana's but the offense is fairly even. If we can keep Persa in check (we did ok against Denard and he's much more mobile) then we should be able to force that offense to stall out. As far as us playing them on the road, it's true that they've beaten us four of the last five, but only one of those came in Evanston.

Not trying to be confrontational but have you compared NW's and IU's overall record, conference record and head to head match up? Also which one of these two programs has beaten us 3 of the last 4 meetings including last year which might have been one of our top 5 teams in program history (granted QB injury situation)?

I agree with those that think the Hawks will come out more prepared and fired up for jNWU. Left it all out there vs. MSU. This isn't entirely on point, but it's similar to when a team plays up and upsets the #1 team in the country. What is it, 6 of last 7 to do it lost their next game? We played MSU like we needed to beat the #1 team in the country, while of course MSU wasn't the #1 team in the country, and I think we're better than MSU, hence the seemingly unexplainable slaughterhouse. Typical for the game after to be a let down. Another pleasant suprise vs. jNWU this wknd.

It might be 6 of the last 7, but that 1 that did win was Wisconsin beating Iowa.

This year's offense is doing everything it needs to. Stanzi is having a fantastic year. I think Indiana turns out to be the anomalous game for this year.

My predictions for NW:
Stanzi 20/25
300 yds
3 TD's
0 INT's

Robinson 20 carries
150 yds
2 TD's
2 catches for 50 yds.

Latest posts