Washington = style Fran wants to play

SwirlinLingerie

I've lived in Seattle for a few years and have casually followed the Huskies. In that time I've become a fan of Romar and the style in which his team plays.

I think it is exactly the style that Fran is trying to implement at Iowa. Long, athletic players who get out and run, run, run. The players aren't micro-managed in half court sets; instead they're coached to be aggressive and to attack the rim and then let loose. They hit the boards hard, too. Basabe fits this mold exactly. The players seem to enjoy the style, and Romar employs a deep bench.

I think we saw flashes of this style with Iowa in the past month. It reminds me of the Big Ten in the '80s. I can't wait until Iowa is able to push the Wisconsins and Michigan States out of their comfort zone by getting up and down the court faster with more athletic players.

I've lived in Seattle for a few years and have casually followed the Huskies. In that time I've become a fan of Romar and the style in which his team plays.

I think it is exactly the style that Fran is trying to implement at Iowa. Long, athletic players who get out and run, run, run. The players aren't micro-managed in half court sets; instead they're coached to be aggressive and to attack the rim and then let loose. They hit the boards hard, too. Basabe fits this mold exactly. The players seem to enjoy the style, and Romar employs a deep bench.

I think we saw flashes of this style with Iowa in the past month. It reminds me of the Big Ten in the '80s. I can't wait until Iowa is able to push the Wisconsins and Michigan States out of their comfort zone by getting up and down the court faster with more athletic players.

I think one benefit of the program being where it is right now, is that we HAVE to be able to consistently execute in half-court sets in order to win. Washington got into trouble when Carolina slowed it down late, and forced the Huskies to execute in the half court. Being able to both run and gun, and grind it out, is essential.

Yeah that is the style Iowa would have pressed trapped more, but Iowa only had one point guard. Why I'm pretty sure Iowa will a PG with one of these two last spots. Cully, Cart, and New guy next year equals Fun and Gun.

I hope not. Washington isn't just uptempo, it's frenetic. There are times when you have to play solid half court basketball.

Latest posts