Was Tyger Campbell recruited at Iowa?

Relax, fellas. There's a back story here. I understand the frustration with Fran in terms of recruiting guards, but he can't get everyone.

Playing for UCLA tonight out of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
I was thinking the same thing. Whomever is the head of basketball recruiting needs to focus on local talent. Yes I get that he played high school basketball in Indiana but he still has strong ties to the state of Iowa. This cannot be ignored. Jesus! Who are these people running things in Iowa City?

Nope, Maryland and Purdue but not Iowa. He’s far too athletic to catch Frans eye.
Tell me all about this kid when he was in high school. Stats? Character? Attitude? Grades?

The coaches look into all of the above. The team also gives feedback...good fit, etc. He’s a good player. That doesn’t necessarily make him a good fit for Iowa. And he may have told Iowa from the start hdd Ed wasn’t interested.

Not good enough. Even without a bagman, a blueblood would have closed the deal.
Please share all of your insider information...from before he made a good showing in the NCAA. If MSU had eliminated UCLA in their 1st game instead of choking no one would even be talking sbout this kid. I know this for a fact because he played 5 more games after that before anyone bothered to mention his name.

While it is true that Tyger was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

He played basketball at Lumiere High School

La Lumiere School is a college preparatory boarding and day school located on a 190-acre campus in Springfield Township, LaPorte County, Indiana, United States.

Campbell is the son of Jennifer and Tony Campbell, who played basketball at Luther College, and he is named after Tiger Woods. Campbell attended La Lumiere School in Indiana, which he credits for his "entry into manhood", adding, "it’s a place where you can learn how to be a good teammate." In his sophomore season, he led La Lumiere to the Dicks Sporting Goods championship and a 29–1 record while averaging 11.3 points and 7.8 assists per game. Following his sophomore season, Campbell reclassified to the Class of 2018 because he was ahead academically and felt he was ready for college basketball. As a senior, Campbell averaged 15.5 points and 7.2 assists per game. Campbell initially committed to DePaul on May 8, 2017, but he withdrew his commitment in September. In February 2018, he signed with UCLA.

I am tempted to give Fran a pass on this one

A slashing guard with nifty moves around the hoop? In your dreams Hawk fans.

hahaha no shit, it seems like the missing piece of the puzzle that we will never see with Fran. I like Fran for a lot of things, passion, great out of bounds plays, decent offense although I am not totally enamored with what he calls an offense, but his defense and recruiting of top flight point guards is pretty bad.

While it is true that Tyger was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

He played basketball at Lumiere High School

La Lumiere School is a college preparatory boarding and day school located on a 190-acre campus in Springfield Township, LaPorte County, Indiana, United States.

Campbell is the son of Jennifer and Tony Campbell, who played basketball at Luther College, and he is named after Tiger Woods. Campbell attended La Lumiere School in Indiana, which he credits for his "entry into manhood", adding, "it’s a place where you can learn how to be a good teammate." In his sophomore season, he led La Lumiere to the Dicks Sporting Goods championship and a 29–1 record while averaging 11.3 points and 7.8 assists per game. Following his sophomore season, Campbell reclassified to the Class of 2018 because he was ahead academically and felt he was ready for college basketball. As a senior, Campbell averaged 15.5 points and 7.2 assists per game. Campbell initially committed to DePaul on May 8, 2017, but he withdrew his commitment in September. In February 2018, he signed with UCLA.

I am tempted to give Fran a pass on this one
Yeah so that was the year we got CJF and JW... Did we have another scholly open? I mean we wouldn't have taken that kid over either of them obviously....

I just think that for all the pressure head coaches are under to win, some of this urgency should filter down to those actually getting these players interested and signed.