Was there a whistle blown?

WhitUp

I've heard 3 fans on soundoff say they were at the game and heard a whistle blown on the 2nd onside kick and thats why we didn't jump on the ball. Just curious if anyone on here was at the game and also heard a whistle? Would kind of explain why the team seemed confused and didn't really go after the ball.

I've heard 3 fans on soundoff say they were at the game and heard a whistle blown on the 2nd onside kick and thats why we didn't jump on the ball. Just curious if anyone on here was at the game and also heard a whistle? Would kind of explain why the team seemed confused and didn't really go after the ball.

Central Michigan didn't seem confused.

Of course there was a whistle blown. There always is before a kickoff. Gawd some people are stupid.

The kicker was running forward and then the whistle blew. With that said, recover the damn ball Hawks! We lost because we are poorly coached and undisciplined not because of a whistle.

The whistle was blowing on the first one to stop the play and they jumped on the ball. No excuse.

After the snafu on the first blocked field goal against UNI a couple years ago you would reasonably expect the team to be well-versed on all these types of situations. Instead we get surprised, bamboozled, and out hustled time and time again. I guess 3.7 million just doesn't buy much competence and thoroughness these days.

Who cares....It should never come down to that anyways. The team we played was crap

Last edited:
Yes, the whistle was blown after the kicker was into his approach. My wife and I both heard it. I sit in the 9th row on the 35 yard line. It was really clear. That shouldn't happen.

Iowa needs to be prepared for everything, though. Even incompetent officials.

Coaches always yap about "adversity." Well, here it is.

I verified it on DVR when I got home. The refs screwed up big time a few (critical) times.

Having said that, don't give up 23 points to CMU in the first half.

Yes, the whistle was blown after the kicker was into his approach. My wife and I both heard it. I sit in the 9th row on the 35 yard line. It was really clear. That shouldn't happen.

Iowa needs to be prepared for everything, though. Even incompetent officials.

Coaches always yap about "adversity." Well, here it is.

The whistler blew, the kicker slowed down, and the holder backed away. Coupled with the fact the stripes had no handle on the game in the end, it looked very much to me at first that the play was whistled dead.

I don't blame the players or coaches for this. They deserve plenty of blame for us being there, but the confusion was all on the refs.

Yeah, the refs blew that but if the game comes down to an onside kick against Central Michigan, who cares?

Latest posts