Was IU Jobbed??

HawksMN

Sure thought that FG in OT crept in over the left upright (as you are looking at it from the EZ Stands). Not reviewable due to being over the goalposts though. Another 'missed' FG came into mind, by our own MK earlier this season. That also may have been good.

Its time to get something done about this situation in the off season, rules wise.

Shouldn't be too difficult to rig up a laser type thing like in tennis.

The IU kicker sure was a little douchey. First he misses the long one and overtly blames the holder for not rotating the threads. Then after the miss he get all freaked out and chases the refs. Not too cool.

This ineptitude is getting old when it seems like an easy tech fix could be conceived. See it multiple times a year.

IU lost the game with 3 early turnovers and by not tackling and giving up 3 TDs over 73 yards.

IU wins this game if they play tough and not turn it over.

Sure thought that FG in OT crept in over the left upright (as you are looking at it from the EZ Stands). Not reviewable due to being over the goalposts though. Another 'missed' FG came into mind, by our own MK earlier this season. That also may have been good.

Its time to get something done about this situation in the off season, rules wise.

Funny, from one angle I thought the kick was good. However, from another angle, I thought the kick was wide right. Because of this, I have to give the benefit of the doubt to the referee standing right under the upright.

Funny, from one angle I thought the kick was good. However, from another angle, I thought the kick was wide right. Because of this, I have to give the benefit of the doubt to the referee standing right under the upright.

I agree, it's tough to argue this call. They're in the perfect position and they just have to look up and see where it passes the upright. Not saying they're 100% on this, but they have to be pretty close.

Watching live I thought it was no good and would have hit the upright. However that one angle really made it look like it snuck in.

They can track 100 mph tennis balls like another poster said...they can track balls and strikes at 100 mph...but they cant properly track a large oblong object travelling slowly towards a post? K.

Watching live I thought it was no good and would have hit the upright. However that one angle really made it look like it snuck in.

They can track 100 mph tennis balls like another poster said...they can track balls and strikes at 100 mph...but they cant properly track a large oblong object travelling slowly towards a post? K.

If Indiana had even an average defense they would have been a 10 win team

Having a great offense is super, but without a decent defense, it simply means getting beat while scoring 35 points+ a game.

Having a great offense is super, but without a decent defense, it simply means getting beat while scoring 35 points+ a game.

^^This. Even when Indiana took a 41-34 lead late you knew Duke would come back and at least tie it......if not win it. The game was a representation of their whole season.

Last edited:

The fg attempt didn't look good to me at first glance. However, Indiana had several opportunities throughout the game they didn't execute on.

Combine those missed opportunities with their high school level defense and it's going to be difficult to win close games.

the fg, good or bad, is the least of indiana's worries at this point.

If you kick the ball down the middle then there is no controversy.

Yeah, Indiana's playcalling in OT was a little weird going with some east -west plays and short passes and low percentage throws, especially when they really ran very successfully against Duke. IU's offensive line and running backs are really good and they didnt even have their main runner.

And if their kicker generally has trouble from the left hash then he didnt compensate well for it. Maybe that bad hook at the end of regulation was still in his mind as he pushed it right.

Kevin Wilson is supposed to be an offensive guru but they failed on a 4th and a foot in the first half by running out of shotgun. Now come on, Sudfeld is a big dude so put him under center and at least make the defense cover the QB sneak. Later in the game he easily made a yard on a sneak but that miss was at the Duke 35-40 yard line.

Sure would like to see it again. I think the network only showed it a couple times, then shrugged their shoulders and were like, "oh well, stuff happens. Guess we'll never know."

Think I will mosey over to the Hoosier forums and check out the level of meltdown.

Well we are talking about Indiana football here. I think the more appropriate statement would be if Indiana had an average offense they would have been a 3 win team.

Ball has to go between the uprights (or the extended uprights). It was not clearly inside of the left upright.

No good.

Two basketball schools playing a football game in a baseball stadium.

God bless America!

Latest posts