WARNER'S #'S V. 3 OTHER HOF QB'S

skinnykilmer17

Interesting debate on another thread piqued my interest.
For the record I am one who believes Warner is definitely deserving of the Hall of Fame. But let us compare his numbers with 3 inductees of the modern era:

Troy Aikman
Experience: 12 Seasons (165 Games)
Hall of Fame Induction: 2006
TDS
INT
YDS
RTG
3x Super Bowl champ
1x Super Bowl MVP
0 NFL MVP
1x 1st Team All-Pro
6x Pro-Bowl

Jim Kelly
Experience: 11 Seasons (160 Games)
Hall of Fame Induction: 2002
TDS
INT
YDS
RTG
0 Super Bowl Wins
0 NFL MVP Awards
1x 1st Team All-Pro
4x Pro-Bowl

Steve Young
Experience: 15 Seasons (169 Games)
Hall of Fame Induction: 2005
TDS
INT
YDS
RTG
3x Super Bowl Champ
1x Super Bowl MVP
2x NFL MVP
3x 1st Team All-Pro
7x Pro-Bowl

Kurt Warner
Experience: 12th season (124 Games)
TDS
INT
YDS
RTG
1x Super Bowl Champion
1x Super Bowl MVP
2x NFL MVP
2x 1st Team All-Pro
5x Pro-Bowl

So all you Warner haters or simply deniers, what do you glean from these #'s?
Can't the argument that he just hasn't done it over his career be turned around: Look what he has accomplished in far fewer games than these other 3 HOF's.
KW v. Aikman = 43 More TD's. 11.9 Higher QB rating. 500 Fewer Yards 41 Fewer games.
KW v. Kelly = 29 Fewer TD's. 9.3 Higher QB rating. 3,100 Fewer YDS. 36 Fewer games.
KW v. Young = 24 Fewer TD's. 3.1 Lower QB rating. 220 Fewer YDS. 45 Fewer games.
Not to mention all of Warner's single game (playoff and SuperBowl records).
And Warner has the highest completion % of these 3. Young is the only one who is even close. (1.2%)

List of Pro Football Hall of Fame inductees - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Troy Aikman

Like I've said...first ballot, in a cakewalk, based upon statistical comparisons with other HOF QBs. If they are in, Warner is in, end of story.

The "debate" about this is a freaking joke.

It's like debating whether Usain Bolt is fast.

Oh and Peter King is a fat tool and he can stuff his donut hole theory down his gullet with the rest of his donuts.

Like I've said...first ballot, in a cakewalk, based upon statistical comparisons with other HOF QBs. If they are in, Warner is in, end of story.

The "debate" about this is a freaking joke.

It's like debating whether Usain Bolt is fast.

Oh and Peter King is a fat tool and he can stuff his donut hole theory down his gullet with the rest of his donuts.

I missed what King said about Warner. I know Warner was his pick for Sportsman of the Year a couple of years ago but is he not a fan of his on the field?

Actually, the surprising thing in skinnykilmer's excellent post is that Troy Aikman is in the Hall of Fame? Sure, he won 3 super bowls on the back of Emmett Smith and an all star supporting cast.

Kurt Warner virtually carried the Arizona Cardinals on his shoulders to a win against the Packers.

I agree Warner should be and will be in the HOF.

But to say Aikman had a great supporting cast and Warner has not, isn't all accurate. In St. Louis Warner had Issac Bruce, Tory Holt, and Marshall Faulk all of whom will be in the Hall of Fame some day.

In Arizona he has Larry Fitzgerald and Antowan Boldin, which is one of the best WR duos in the league.

To channel a thought from Bill Simmons, I actually credited the 90s Dallas Cowboys and will now go light myself on fire.

Actually, the surprising thing in skinnykilmer's excellent post is that Troy Aikman is in the Hall of Fame? Sure, he won 3 super bowls on the back of Emmett Smith and an all star supporting cast.

Surprising Troy Aikman is in the HOF? Are you kidding me? Did you watch the NFL when he was playing? Other than his first couple years Aikman was always considered to be one of the top two or three QB's in the league, if not the top QB.

The guy threw one of the best balls of any QB ever. I read accounts of practices where the ball would never touch the ground because he was so accurate.

Stats meant absolutely nothing to Aikman. The ONLY thing that mattered to him were wins. To say he won Super Bowls on the backs of others is just absurd. Not only is that not true, Aikman was the one leading the team. More so in the NFL than in college, great teams start with the QB. NFL teams don't carry the QB.

Should also take into account he took he Rams and Cardinals of all teams to the Super Bowl. Teams not exactly known for their winning traditions.

Latest posts