wanted: punt returner

mrolympia

seriously, I like Spivey but not as a punt returner. Catch the ball, don't cough it up. I miss Andy Brodell :(

any chance we can see Clayborn clone himself and rush punts and return them before next week?:D

At Kinnick, you could tell the ball was doing some pretty interesting stuff in the air. Putting Keenan Davis back there was a mistake...I think I would have been happy just letting every punt bounce and roll today. Spievey did ok on a couple returns, but looked really unsure on others, and obviously had the big mistake inside our 10.

Even if it's just fair catching the punts to keep us from losing 10-15 yards of field position on the rolls, I'd be ok with it.

seriously, I like Spivey but not as a punt returner.

for his first time he didnt do all that bad.. sure the fumble sucked but you could see that coming... that first punt he ran back, the ball was floating all over the place... but after the fumble he looked scared like no ones business to even get close to that football.

I remember reading about all the great things Spievey was doing when he as at Community College, now it seams like he has nothing but trouble back there.

I'm not gonna fault anybody for having a hard time catching punts in that wind today. The thing that scared me the most was the way he was waving the ball around in his hand as he was running them back. TUCK IT AWAY!!!

I've never seen a team with suck punt return issues. It's an adventure for sure. I'd rather them just send 11 and go after it than risk a turnover.

1. did not understand why spievey was even back to return the punt and risk a fumble instead of going all out for the block.
2.when keenan fumbled, correct me if im wrong, but isnt the rule dont catch a kickoff or punt below the belt? just curious because i got upset at the diving attempt at a catch and thought with a frosh punt returner the staff might have worked on that.

Latest posts