wanna change your season predictions?

I had 8-4 with a top of maybe 9-3, now I'm thinking 6-6 or maybe 7-5. The offense still has room for improvement and maybe there will still be a good win in the cards this year. Maybe!

Even if Iowa does right the ship this loss will be even harder to digest. That's what's so frustrating. It will be one of those unexplainable losses that have more of an impact than any wins. See 2002.

I didn't fill out the preseason prediction, so this might be cheating little. I predict 9 to 10 wins.

So we run the table the rest of the year except for one more game? Please go on the record with who that would be.

Running the table would be a little bit too optimistic. I realize there's plenty of teams that can trip us up remaining on the schedule (Indy, Maryland, Minny, NW, and of course Wisky or Nebby); and I anticipate one of them to do so.

My predictions are drastically changed. Iowa 7-5
Purdue Win
Indiana Win
Northwestern Dogfight
Minnesota Dogfight
Illinois Win

Every other game a loss. This is as generous as I can be today.

Actually, I think 4-8 would get him fired....7-5/6-6 is where it gets a little dicey.
He won't get fired for 4-8. At best, Barta would pretend he is on the hot seat. But there is too much money involved.

He won't get fired for 4-8. At best, Barta would pretend he is on the hot seat. But there is too much money involved.

There is even MORE money involved in letting the ship sink. If Iowa ends up 4-8 with this schedule and after starting 2-0, it would be time for a change. Attendance issues are already starting to set in with students and the general public.

There is even MORE money involved in letting the ship sink. If Iowa ends up 4-8 with this schedule and after starting 2-0, it would be time for a change. Attendance issues are already starting to set in with students and the general public.
This is too much big picture thinking for Bary Garta.

I predicted 7-5 before the season and was greeted with incredulity on this very board--THIS VERY BOARD.

I am sticking with 7-5 simply because the B10 has sunk to depths heretofore unthinkable.

Latest posts