Walk-ons

David Parry (OL from Linn Mar) was offered a preferred walk on spot, but turned it down to take the same offer from Stanford.

Ones that I can remember: Blake Haluska-QB, Kid from LeMars.....

Not sure of the rest.

Dubuque Wahlert kicker Mike Meyer. Meyer passed up a partial scholarship at Northern Iowa and a walk-on opportunity at Iowa State to be a preferred walk-on with the Hawkeyes.

Iowa City High Wide receiver John Chelf and running back Ellis Jordan. Had walk-on opportunity at UNI and ISU respectively.

There's an Australian Punter, who played at Oskaloosa and reportedly had an 80 yrd punt who is either walking on or grey shirting. May not be until 2011 class?

Blake Haluska, Adam's little bro is walking on and trying out at QB.

Oleo -

LOL! This reminds me of the telephone game that you play as a kid.

The punter isn't walking on ... he accepted a grayshirt offer. Also, I believe it was Ottumwa, not Oskaloosa.

As for the walk-ons, I don't know 'em all, but let's make a list of what we can put together:

Meyer (PK)
Haluska (QB/ATH)
Heissel (OL)
Chelf (WR)
Jordan (RB/DB)
McMillan (QB/ATH)

Those are the ones I can remember off-hand.

Dubuque Wahlert kicker Mike Meyer. Meyer passed up a partial scholarship at Northern Iowa and a walk-on opportunity at Iowa State to be a preferred walk-on with the Hawkeyes.

Iowa City High Wide receiver John Chelf and running back Ellis Jordan. Had walk-on opportunity at UNI and ISU respectively.

There's an Australian Punter, who played at Oskaloosa and reportedly had an 80 yrd punt who is either walking on or grey shirting. May not be until 2011 class?

Blake Haluska, Adam's little bro is walking on and trying out at QB.

Latest posts