Wait a second........so Horner DIDN'T accept the job?

Brommelkamp is a lick loyalist,so I smell a bit of possible skullduggery here.
Sounds like Horner is upset, and Fran is livid.
Todd's source on this report?....hmmmm...does not sound like it came from the Horner family or Fran...pure speculation,possibly?
Sure puts Fran in a trickbox now; maybe Todd will be amused,but it could hurt his chances to have any sources like Cornette on the new staff..maybe that ship already sailed.

Re: I took this as....

the job was not officially offered to Horner, hence why Horner is upset as he thinks it could hurt his chances. And I don't blame him.

This would be correct. He hasn't been offered the job yet. From everything that I've read, Horner would accept any job on the staff in a hearbeat. So I can only assume that he hasn't been offered.

That being said, I really hope he is offered the job as I think he'd be perfect for it. It'd be a great start for him in D1 and also would give him a chance to get his master's, which is often a requirement for a head coaching position.

Brommelkamp is a lick loyalist,so I smell a bit of possible skullduggery here.
Sounds like Horner is upset, and Fran is livid.
Todd's source on this report?....hmmmm...does not sound like it came from the Horner family or Fran...pure speculation,possibly?
Sure puts Fran in a trickbox now; maybe Todd will be amused,but it could hurt his chances to have any sources like Cornette on the new staff..maybe that ship already sailed.

Keeping Cornette was never a possibility

I've never seen a fanbase go so crazy over the hiring/non-hiring of..... a grad assistant.:eek:

I've never seen a fanbase go so crazy over the hiring/non-hiring of..... a grad assistant.:eek:

I think fans were excited that a former Hawk was interested in helping turn the program around, not sure how that is "Crazy"

hawk fans want past players to help in coaching and recruitment because they can connect with high school kids a lot easier.

its not crazy we are just excited for this to happen

hawk fans want past players to help in coaching and recruitment because they can connect with high school kids a lot easier.

its not crazy we are just excited for this to happen

I'd like to see Horner get it, because as you said, he should be able to connect with recruits well. I think he would particularly help with landing Marcus Paige. Paige grew up watching Horner, and probably wouldn't mind learning a thing or two from one of the best PG's at Iowa of the last 20 years.

Todd B. is an absolute joke. The guy needs to learn to check his sources. Earlier this week he posted that Bob Feller had died. When it was pointed out to him that Bob Feller had not yet died, he deleted the post and then started deleted every post referring to it.

That's what happens when you make DB's moderators.

Latest posts