Wadley could be a "Jewel" Hampton in the rough

The dude ran hard and played bigger than he is. He seemed undersized. His arms were small.

But, homeboy was quick and had moves we haven't seen in a long time. I didn't see break away speed really. Maybe it's there but he was tough for his size, seeking out shots on guys. I loved it, he brought a little attitude which has been missing in Hawkland.

All the stiff arms, moving forward after the hit, all coming from this skinny guy with moves and attitude. I loved it. I really hope we can keep him healthy. MW and him healthy and our line jelling - moving forward, seems like decent potential.

I sat 5 rows up right behind the iowa bench. Ferentz laid into Bullock after his olé block that got cj lite up.
Krik kept coming back for more too... walking back and forth screaming at him

Shaw was one of the most powerful backs Iowa has had in my lifetime. I don't see that one

I'll agree with "powerful" in the sense that he was at full speed when he hit the hole and could not be brought down or slowed up by an arm tackle. He wasn't necessarily the "run a guy over" type like Nick Bell, though. He was fast through a hole and could cut on a dime and not lose speed. I saw the cuts of Sedrick in Wadley, but not the leg strength. Here's a video for those those young'ns that didn't get the pleasure to see Shaw.

[video=youtube;ohMcJUyak3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohMcJUyak3o[/video]

I say he and Betts were the best in my lifetime. Born in 1976 and I can't remember a RB better then those two in terms of power running.

Betts might have been the best because he played on some bad teams early in his career and still was able to get yards. Greene was amazing as well but only had that one year.

Agree about Betts. I think he got the shaft because of the time that he played at Iowa. So happy for him that he was able to succeed in the NFL. Higdon reminds me of him, in that he runs low to the ground, has great balance, and keeps his feet under his hips at all time. Excited for the Higdon/Wadley combo.