W_A_A_Y TOO EARLY BRACKETOLOGY

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
I

Ian Pike Hammer

Lunardi is usually mostly correct about the NCAA dance, but KNOW, this will change DRAMATICALLY by March, so...

B1G has 10 teams in:
Right now he has us in, and Minn. in the last 4 in group.
The next 4 out includes NW and Penn. St.

The #1's; "Zaga, KU, Duke, and Virginia

WEST bracket [Anaheim]: #6 Ind. vs #11 Cincy
#7 Iowa vs #10 Florida [in Salt Lake City]

EAST bracket [Wash.D.C]: #5 Ohio St vs #12 Wofford
#6 Ia. St. vs #11 UCLA or Minn.
#2 Mich. vs #15 Rider

SOUTH bracket [Louisville] #8 Oregon [we'll see!] vs #9 W. Vir.
#4 Wisc. vs #13 Northeastern
#6 Neb. vs #11 St. Louis
#7 Maryland vs #10 Butler

MID-WEST bracket: [Kansas City]: #5 Purdue vs #12 OU or Louisville
#2 Mich. vs #15 Vermont

NOTES: Ill lost to Ohio St [8-1] @ home today [12-5] 77-67
Ill is playing much better right now, and is by no means a push over now.
Minn. knocked off #24 Neb. 85-78
Minn. has deep talent and at least one NBA caliber player in Murphy, a double-double machine.
I did not see UConn in the bracket
Feel free to update with scores, and bracketology movementw s as we go forward.

He's very accurate the day of the selection, but give that data he has to a 18 year old high school girl and she'd probably come close to his #'s. In fact, it's kind of shocking how many he DOES miss every year towards the end with all the info he has. I mean, half the field is given to him.

Still, these are a lot of fun for fans to look at and debate, especially as the season progresses. You'd rather be in than not for sure.

At times it is. Watching the second half of the MSU game surely was.

3 points in 10 minutes

tenor.gif

It is so stupid though. Can't help it.

If you are a journalist or a writer, find something to write about, something in the moment.

He's writing about/projecting where he thinks teams stand in that moment though...:)

While I agree it's kind of dumb to be projecting things this early when not even half of the season has been played, it's nice to see the Hawks mentioned as being tournament worthy up to this point.

Lunardi dropped us a spot to an 8 seed, would play #9 TCU in Columbia S.C. in the East Region in Wash. D.C. [homecoming for Garza!]. Duke is the #1 seed and would be the potential foe in the 2nd round, [barring an upset by #16 Rider.]
Other 8 seeds we are being compared to:
Arizona St.
Maryland
Iowa St.
There really isn't much difference between the 7-9 seeds, so here are other teams we're being compared to:

7 seeds:
UH (Houston= still undefeated)
Syracuse
K. St.
Marquette
9 seeds:
Butler
TCU
St. Johns
N.C. St.

If we stay undefeated in the rest of our non-conference schedule [which we better!] we'd enter the remainder of the B1G schedule @11-2, and prolly move up to a 5 or 6 seed.
Then all hell breaks loose.

Lunardi dropped us a spot to an 8 seed, would play #9 TCU in Columbia S.C. in the East Region in Wash. D.C. [homecoming for Garza!]. Duke is the #1 seed and would be the potential foe in the 2nd round, [barring an upset by #16 Rider.]
Other 8 seeds we are being compared to:
Arizona St.
Maryland
Iowa St.
There really isn't much difference between the 7-9 seeds, so here are other teams we're being compared to:

7 seeds:
UH (Houston= still undefeated)
Syracuse
K. St.
Marquette
9 seeds:
Butler
TCU
St. Johns
N.C. St.

If we stay undefeated in the rest of our non-conference schedule [which we better!] we'd enter the remainder of the B1G schedule @11-2, and prolly move up to a 5 or 6 seed.
Then all hell breaks loose.

The initial post I thought to myself how if we are "in" are we not an 8 or 9 seed. Now that where've got that seeding I know it's legit.

Does he expect all the Duke Freshman to play or will they all pass on the post season to get ready for the NBA draft? Did I do that right?

Lunardi has dropped Iowa to a #9 Seed in the East bracket. We would play Seton Hall in Wash. DC.
It would be better to be a #10 seed [comparitively, as there isn't too much diff between the 7-10 seeds] assuming a first round win. 7/10 winner plays a #2 seed, [barring upsets], whereas the 8/9 winner draws a #1 seed.

Side note: cpl of interesting gms tonite: #6 MSU at Purdue and Maryland @ Minn. All four teams are ahead of us in the standings, so 2 will pull away from us, but the other 2 will draw closer to us

Mon. 1-14-19

Lunardi has us as a #8 seed [but trending upward] in the South bracket. We would be playing against LSU in Columbia S.C. The #1 seed in that bracket is Virginia, assuming they get by #16 Tx. Southern. Also in that bracket: Ia. St. and Houston.

As for the Penn. St. game up next: just like last road gm, we can't afford to lose to an inferior team. Penn. St. is 0-6 in the league and 7-10 overall. We should prevail; don't care by how many! We can't afford a mental or defensive letdown. We are currently alone in 8th place but rising. Go Hawks!

Mon. 1-14-19

Lunardi has us as a #8 seed [but trending upward] in the South bracket. We would be playing against LSU in Columbia S.C. The #1 seed in that bracket is Virginia, assuming they get by #16 Tx. Southern. Also in that bracket: Ia. St. and Houston.

As for the Penn. St. game up next: just like last road gm, we can't afford to lose to an inferior team. Penn. St. is 0-6 in the league and 7-10 overall. We should prevail; don't care by how many! We can't afford a mental or defensive letdown. We are currently alone in 8th place but rising. Go Hawks!

Now that were back to an 8 or 9 seed this projection has merit. It's anything but reality if it doesn't involve us in that 8/9 spot looking at a #1 seed.

A 8/9 seed? Mr. Davis would be proud!!!

I'm scared to death of any seed Iowa gets. The Northwestern State loss is still fresh in my mind and Fran with a 5-seed just screams 12/5 upset.

But hell...at least its mid January and we're talking seeding. This time last year we weren't even CBI worthy.

Latest posts