Vote Kirk Ferentz

I believe he deserves it. Here is my explanation:

"Kirk Ferentz does more with less every year. He coaches three and four stars recruits to play at a higher level and compete with the five star recruits of the other big ten powerhouses. This year he was able to inspire the team to overcome a slew of significant injuries at key positions. This was more impressive considering the fact that Iowa had to play most of its big games in the big ten on the road. Ferentz is able to inspire and lead the team without resorting to yelling at his players or call them out in public. He is a great role model for all of his players in how to conduct themselves on and off of the football field."

Pete Carroll is an option? Seriously? Congrats on the Emerald Bowl berth.

I voted for Kelly. I don't even know if another coach really comes close this year.

Most Definitely -- Announcing you are bouncing out on your team to coach for Notre Dame during the schools awards ceremony, that's class.

Frankly, I don't understand the criticism. First off, there isn't a good time to tell your team and school you're leaving them for a premier job. Kelly has been the most open, candid person about a potential candidacy I've seen for some time when asked by the media.

So, actually, yeah...add that aspect to the list. It was nice to see a HC not come out and pull a Saban.

Frankly, I don't understand the criticism. First off, there isn't a good time to tell your team and school you're leaving them for a premier job. Kelly has been the most open, candid person about a potential candidacy I've seen for some time when asked by the media.

So, actually, yeah...add that aspect to the list. It was nice to see a HC not come out and pull a Saban.

How about at the end of the season? Maybe coach your team in the biggest game of the year? Just a bit dirty IMO.

At the point he accepted the ND job it wasn't his team.

He did say had they made it to the NC game that he WAS coaching them. They didn't, he was open about entertaining the ND job, he accepted...I don't think at that point it's a good idea for him to coach them in the bowl.

At the point he accepted the ND job it wasn't his team.

He did say had they made it to the NC game that he WAS coaching them. They didn't, he was open about entertaining the ND job, he accepted...I don't think at that point it's a good idea for him to coach them in the bowl.

I feel where you are coming from, I guess.. if I was in the players shoes, I would be rubbed the wrong way, just a little.

I feel where you are coming from, I guess.. if I was in the players shoes, I would be rubbed the wrong way, just a little.

I understand where you are coming from. I think they were rubbed the wrong way...I know some were vocal. There is a level of loyalty there that develops that is very much akin to family at times. It's a personal bond.

I am just saying...we sit back and legitimately crack on guys like Saban and others that lie to the camera, then a guy like Kelly comes along and basically is open and honest about being approached by ND and considering the ND job...I think that merits a level of respect in this day and age that he was as candid about it as he was.

I understand where you are coming from. I think they were rubbed the wrong way...I know some were vocal. There is a level of loyalty there that develops that is very much akin to family at times. It's a personal bond.

I am just saying...we sit back and legitimately crack on guys like Saban and others that lie to the camera, then a guy like Kelly comes along and basically is open and honest about being approached by ND and considering the ND job...I think that merits a level of respect in this day and age that he was as candid about it as he was.

True, Bobby Petrino style.

While your voting for Kirk Ferentz, please take the time to vote in the Division III Award, where Coe's Steve Staker is a finalist. It'd be great to have that award in two divisions in the same state!