Vivian Stringer

I was the Stringers' neighbor for a year. (our back yards butted up against each other). Only talked to C Vivian a couple times, but I did see Bill across the fence regularly. He was often outside with the kids. Quiet, thoughtful and clever guy. I moved to Des Moines and he passed a few years later. C Vivian has had her share of tough times (her son was involved in an incident where a kid was murdered at NC State).

Tough women. Great leader. Iowa was lucky to have her.

I can see them bringing her back for a ceremony to honor her. But Iowa City is not "home"...she's an East Coast girl.

I was the Stringers' neighbor for a year. (our back yards butted up against each other). Only talked to C Vivian a couple times, but I did see Bill across the fence regularly. He was often outside with the kids. Quiet, thoughtful and clever guy. I moved to Des Moines and he passed a few years later. C Vivian has had her share of tough times (her son was involved in an incident where a kid was murdered at NC State).

Tough women. Great leader. Iowa was lucky to have her.

I can see them bringing her back for a ceremony to honor her. But Iowa City is not "home"...she's an East Coast girl.
What if we give her a $20 mill buyout?

Not sure I want her as an AD, but she was an important part of the "golden era" of Hawkeye sports.

Coached from 83-95.
-final four
+pair of elite 8s
+sweet 16
+made it past the first round every time her team danced
+6 conference championships (4 consecutive titles at one point)

in that same time frame

Iowa men's basketball made the dance almost every year and produced a pair of sweet 16s and an elite 8

Iowa football established itself as upper echelon in the B1G with a pair of conference titles; three double-digit seasons; multiple bowl victories while finishing the season ranked most years.

Iowa wrestling was peerless

Iowa baseball . . . not sure, didn't follow it closely. I'll just go ahead and assume they were respectable

Yep, a golden era. It wasn't until Bump retired that things started heading in the wrong direction. Having said that, are we heading into a new Golden Era?

Women's basketball program ranked
Men's basketball program ranked
Football program ranked
Wrestling - not what is was under Gable but still a national contender
Baseball team? too lazy to look it up

It's not luck, but hard work that has gotten us here. Are we enjoying this current success like we should????????

a6eae2d1aeb9830f3a7081e53cbeec47.jpg

Not sure I want her as an AD, but she was an important part of the "golden era" of Hawkeye sports.

Coached from 83-95.
-final four
+pair of elite 8s
+sweet 16
+made it past the first round every time her team danced
+6 conference championships (4 consecutive titles at one point)

in that same time frame

Iowa men's basketball made the dance almost every year and produced a pair of sweet 16s and an elite 8

Iowa football established itself as upper echelon in the B1G with a pair of conference titles; three double-digit seasons; multiple bowl victories while finishing the season ranked most years.

Iowa wrestling was peerless

Iowa baseball . . . not sure, didn't follow it closely. I'll just go ahead and assume they were respectable

Yep, a golden era. It wasn't until Bump retired that things started heading in the wrong direction. Having said that, are we heading into a new Golden Era?

Women's basketball program ranked
Men's basketball program ranked
Football program ranked
Wrestling - not what is was under Gable but still a national contender
Baseball team? too lazy to look it up

It's not luck, but hard work that has gotten us here. Are we enjoying this current success like we should????????

a6eae2d1aeb9830f3a7081e53cbeec47.jpg
King Kong says, "NICE HOOTERS!"

Latest posts