Visits

Not saying it didn't go as well as planned, but I my expeciations were probably not as high as some here. Gilman and Brooks had planned a visit to another school, but that appears to be off now, so that could possibly mean good news for Iowa. Brooks and Gilman both have interest from the heavy hitters, with some very nice offers. I think Burak and Skonieczny are the most likely to commit to Iowa. Skonieczny is down to us and Ohio State. Burak was a lot smaller than I thought even though I have seen him in person many times, he looks to be a career 184. I think Witte and Carton will officially join the Hawks' commit list, although I believe Carton has been a Hawk for a while now, even though there has been no formal announcement. Carton will be a 133/141 in college. Bartel was there as was Laux, however I believe those guys end up elsewhere. Laux is being courted heavily by UNI and Wisconsin. So I think by the end of everything Iowa's class looks like this.....Clark, Carton, Skonieczny, Witte, Burak and Brooks. Gilman is down to Iowa and Nebraska and should decide this week.

Not saying it didn't go as well as planned, but I my expeciations were probably not as high as some here. Gilman and Brooks had planned a visit to another school, but that appears to be off now, so that could possibly mean good news for Iowa. Brooks and Gilman both have interest from the heavy hitters, with some very nice offers. I think Burak and Skonieczny are the most likely to commit to Iowa. Skonieczny is down to us and Ohio State. Burak was a lot smaller than I thought even though I have seen him in person many times, he looks to be a career 184. I think Witte and Carton will officially join the Hawks' commit list, although I believe Carton has been a Hawk for a while now, even though there has been no formal announcement. Carton will be a 133/141 in college. Bartel was there as was Laux, however I believe those guys end up elsewhere. Laux is being courted heavily by UNI and Wisconsin. So I think by the end of everything Iowa's class looks like this.....Clark, Carton, Skonieczny, Witte, Burak and Brooks. Gilman is down to Iowa and Nebraska and should decide this week.
Thanks for the update. Hope to hear some commitments start to roll in over the next few days. If we get what you indicated we might, I would be very happy.

We absolutely need Brooks. Burak would be a great get also. We don't have much behind Gambrall (at least to my knowlege). Skonieczy is interesting...where does he project? We still have Dziewa at 141 after Marion leaves...is that where he projects?

USAFhawk - Do you know what other schools Bartel is considering? Would Burak be on campus next season or is he still spending a year at the OTC?

1961 - Gambrall is the ONLY Hawk projected at 184 this year with Wagner (SR) and Lira (SO) moving up to 197.

1961 - Gambrall is the ONLY Hawk projected at 184 this year with Wagner (SR) and Lira (SO) moving up to 197.
Didn't realize we were that thin. I remember we recruited a kid from SD last year (Can't remember his name off the top of my yead)...was not sure if he was at 74 or 84.

Didn't realize we were that thin. I remember we recruited a kid from SD last year (Can't remember his name off the top of my yead)...was not sure if he was at 74 or 84.

You're thinking of Kris Klapprodt. I didn't include him as a viable option because a) he's only a freshman and I assume he'll redshirt, and b) he wrestled 171lbs last year so I doubt he's big enough to be competitve yet.

Here's his bio: http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-wrestl/mtt/klapprodt_kris00.html

Klapprodt is certainly not big enough to wrestle 184 yet but might be able to get there in a year or two if need be. He is a little bit of a project though and could be a couple years away from really contributing.

It is highly unlikely that Meyer will be a Hawkeye.

A group of Clark, Carton, Skonieczy, Witte, Burak and Brooks would be awsome and Gilman as well would be insane. We would have the lineup covered from 125 through 174 fro some time and we fill the 184/197 needs. Only thing missing is some additional depth at the top 3 weights but that can be looked at next year. The thing I like too is none of these guys are known to be a high risk type recruits with behaviour issues or grade problems.

These are just verbals, right; or has the signing period started? This is great news around, but I'm always hesitant until pen meets paper.

What a weekend!!! I don't think they are done either. I don't think Meyer is a posibility but there are other options that I think we still have shots at.

Latest posts