VIDEO: Shonn Greene's Excessive Celebration Penalty

Greene's best TD celebration?

• Putting the Patriots to sleep (Playoffs, 2011)

Votes: 35 39.3%
  • LT finger roll (Playoffs, 2010)

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Pointing to the green student section (PSU, 2008)

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Not celebrating at all

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters
Were the Jets in the prevent D while the Pats were in the red zone as well? Brady threw back to back strikes for TDs. Welker dropped his but Branch held on. I'll say it again, they recover that onside kick and manage to score a TD and no one is on this site talking about how awesome Greene's TD celebration was. We're talking about how he's the goat who helped cost the Jets a chance at the SB.

It's amazing to me that so many people posting on this thread can only see through their black and gold sunglasses, or just hate the Pats and don't care how they get beat. I understand the latter more so than the former.

Regardless of my black and gold sunglasses, there is an entertainment value to sports and in particular in NFL where players are getting paid to play. Enough already with mandating every finite aspect of the game. Greene's celebration last night was not inappropriate, it did not offend anyone's moral values, and it did not harm anyone. Which is typical of most TD celebrations in the sport of football. The world takes itself far too seriously to begin with. Have a little fun already!

The NFL needs to release it's death grip on certain faucets of the game, like this one, because they are stiffling out the fun and entertainment aspects of the game. Remember the dirty bird? How about the Ram's group celebration? As long as the celebrations are not inapporpiate or offensive, NFL players should be allowed to celebrate.

But then again, by this logic players in the SEC as well as those who attend USC should also be allowed to celebrate after TD's as well....

Were the Jets in the prevent D while the Pats were in the red zone as well? Brady threw back to back strikes for TDs. Welker dropped his but Branch held on. I'll say it again, they recover that onside kick and manage to score a TD and no one is on this site talking about how awesome Greene's TD celebration was. We're talking about how he's the goat who helped cost the Jets a chance at the SB.

It's amazing to me that so many people posting on this thread can only see through their black and gold sunglasses, or just hate the Pats and don't care how they get beat. I understand the latter more so than the former.

15 yards is what, 1 play in a Brady offense against a prevent D? If they were going to come back from 2 scores on the Jets in 1:41, that 15 yards would have played little role. The Jets dominated the Pat O all day and it would have taken a miracle to come back. And I couldn't care less about either team. I don't even care that it was Shonn Greene. It was just pretty funny. Add a little humor to your life.

I thought I was being pretty sensible about my argument. I'm not trying to be crabby about anything or taking life too seriously. And no I didn't lose a bet over it. I hope that clears up my motives. I'm simply on the other side of the coin from most people on this thread - which is fine. If we all had the same viewpoint, messageboards would be pretty boring. I'm apparently not changing anyone's viewpoint and I haven't been swayed the other way either. So I guess we'll all just have to agree to disagree

Wrong. He went to the ground. So yes it was SG's penalty. Same reason Jared Allen can no longer go to his knee to do his rope 'em thing after he gets a sack.

Dude, once SG scored the game was over! You keep using the ifs and buts like they really happened... The game was not in doubt at all.

I thought I was being pretty sensible about my argument. I'm not trying to be crabby about anything or taking life too seriously. And no I didn't lose a bet over it. I hope that clears up my motives. I'm simply on the other side of the coin from most people on this thread - which is fine. If we all had the same viewpoint, messageboards would be pretty boring. I'm apparently not changing anyone's viewpoint and I haven't been swayed the other way either. So I guess we'll all just have to agree to disagree

Agreed. Or disagreed? Oh, crap, I've confused myself.

yes the penalty was called on shonn greene. however, had he not gone to the ground, rex ryan would have been penalized for running to the end zone.

the point is moot

Phil Simms had it right, if there was ever a time for it, that was it. If that would have happened on a first down, or a TD earlier in the game it is different and most would agree, but it didn't. It iced the game, hypothetically and factually.

A former Hawkeye gets some press in the NFL for scoring a touchdown and celebrating. I will take that publicity any day of the week and twice on Sunday!!!

If he would have done that against the Colts, I would have been ticked. Since it was the cheater Pats, party on dude! My wife flagged my celebration dance after that play too.

After watching this I rewatched "From Kinnick to Greene" video. Lot of moments still give me chills. Dwight's returns, Tate to Holloway, ect.

Latest posts