VIDEO: Highlights of 1942 #2 Wisconsin vs Iowa.

asolsma

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEAOTit3dy4]YouTube - 1942 #2 Wisconsin at Iowa Highlights[/ame]

Notice the "Tebow Leap" at 1:11. And he thought he was so special for that play when someone else did it 60 years earlier.. pff

Great stuff. Almost every man in the crowd is wearing a hat. I remember the Scottish Highlanders from the '60s. They were unique, but not sure they fit well with a good Iowa football program.

As for the football, it looked hard-hitting and energetic. The biggest difference is the obvious size of the players. They look "normal," even the linemen, as opposed to their contemporary counterparts.

And, of course, the vintage cars and the crowd streaming out of the south end zone where there was no seating. I wasn't born then either, but cool to see.

As for the audio, I think it's fine. There probably isn't any...and I think that's what you meant. Well played. ;)

Lookit how small the band was. Almost had to make an "I" by having one guy lay down in the middle of the field. :)

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy looking at old vintage Iowa Football movies, in part due to a family connection. My grandfather worked in the University of Iowa film lab and developed the rolls of film for the University, including the football team during the 1950s and 1960s.

Latest posts