Very striking about 2011 class recruiting ....

homerHAWKeye777

It's been a LONG TIME since there have been reports of any new offers by Iowa. That's simply incredible to me. In fact, through the past few months, there has actually been news of PULLED offers!

What that tells me is that the Hawkeye coaches are actually recruiting from a position of STRENGTH. They must be pretty darn confident in their chances of landing a number of their top choices.

And that folks, is something to be VERY excited about!

Hope you're right; keep up the good work.

I'm honestly shocked that we haven't seen a number of offers getting reported by the recruiting websites. That is really atypical for Iowa football. In "normal years" we whiff on the top guys on our board and then we move on and issue offers out to the next line of guys on the board.

I know that last year we got most of the top guys from our board ... and last year was definitely rather atypical too. However, at least at this juncture last year, I remember a few new offers going out. I've heard NOTHING this year.

The silence is deafening ... and I can only assume that that probably is good news for the Hawks. It's certainly no guarantee ... however, it's certainly promising.

Not only are we not offering new guys, we have pulled at least two scholarship offers to a couple of major players (Miller and Daniel, I think). We don't seem to be taking risks and seem to be going after the guys we really want. Interesting, especially when considering the size of our graduating class this year.

Well it certainly seems like we are recruiting differently and I sure hope its for good reasons.
We have alot of good kids verballed and more in the pipe. We seem to finally be getting kids that have the right work ethic and at the higher end of the skill spectrum without getting superstars that all too often come with bad baggage.

Latest posts