Very positive Roy Marble Jr Article

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
The Oakland Press: PrepZone

Avery played against Marble Sr. in high school when the two attended high school in Flint, so he’s a good of a reference as anybody to compare the son to the father.

“I think he has more of a total package than his dad,â€￾ Avery said. “I think his dad was more of an explosive dunker. But as far as shooting the ball, handling the ball and seeing the floor, I think the son has more at this stage of his career.â€￾

Good to hear but I take the same wait and see them on the court stance with the basketball recruits that I do with football.

On thing that I didn't like seeing is the fact that his coach says he plays him at center. Don't let Lickliter see that or we may be seeing another 6'5" post.

Good article, wow do we really need this recruiting class to pan out ( and no current starters to transfer after the season)

Saw on another Blog...Burneys Bytes, where the author Burnstein, was raving about Marbles talents....said he was living up to his nickname of ''Jesus Shuttlesworth''...hey, a Ray Allen clone would be just fine with me....please lick,do not try to force a square peg in a round hole by playing him out of position at backup pg....he is a shooting guard...pure and simple...put them in their natural positions,lick!

The Oakland Press: PrepZone

Avery played against Marble Sr. in high school when the two attended high school in Flint, so he’s a good of a reference as anybody to compare the son to the father.

“I think he has more of a total package than his dad,â€￾ Avery said. “I think his dad was more of an explosive dunker. But as far as shooting the ball, handling the ball and seeing the floor, I think the son has more at this stage of his career.â€￾

Isn't Sr. the all-time leading scorer at Iowa? Must have had a lot of dunks.

I believe so. I think by a land slide.

I can see Jr starting all four years! McCaffery has nothing to lose by giving MJ all the experience he can to start the year. He might be some what of a good player, with experience, towards the end of the season!

I cannot wait to see Roy Marble in an Iowa uniform again!!! :)

Go Hawkeyes!

he might be more developed skill wise... but his dad was a very stocky player who could move you around, marble jr. has to gain some mass and muscle

he might be more developed skill wise... but his dad was a very stocky player who could move you around, marble jr. has to gain some mass and muscle

If Marble Jr is more developed - skill wise - than his Marble Sr and is a person who his current coaches say could run the point, yet not as bulky... then a Penny Hardaway is what comes to mind.

Let's hope MJ has the work ethic to become all he can be!!

On Iowa!

Last edited:
And to think, Roy Marble was easily the best post up player IOWA had when he played for them.

I would go with Big eddie Horton as the best post up player for Iowa in that era....Big Ed just was a monster in the post with a huge rear-end. Reminds me of that Sullinger kid coming into OSU next year...a load.

Latest posts