Very cautiously Optimisyic

If we start out that way, we probably still roll into half up 6-0, just like we did yesterday. Except the clown run defense looks to be all time bad, so we might honestly have 250 yards rushing. As bad as we looked in the first half, the clowns looked that bad all game. The only opener I can compare it to was 2020 when they got slapped by The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. They won, but clean up the officiating and have BF calling plays and ND wins a close one. Seriously, all they had to do was keep running it down their throats. The clowns couldn't stop their run game. BF is down 14-3 and just keeps running to victory. The tortoise could've won that race. ND also missed two field goals and failed a fourth down conversion.
Thank for the info on the clown defense. I thought they were going to be pretty good, but if they suck at run defense, that's a great opportunity for the hawks to get it going on the ground. As always, if Iowa can run the ball and limit turnovers, it usually translates to a win.

The Clowns will watch the tape from Illinois State and how the safeties were trying to time the snap to crash down into the box and stop the run. It worked in the first half, but we burned them a lot in the second half. ISU plays that goofy D with lots of safeties, so expect them to be loading the box and daring CM to beat them. A lot of 1-1 opportunities for the receivers I would wager.

Well, you have to like the trendline. That second half was the best half of offense since before any of us knew what COVID was. And, the defense was just stifling all game long.

CM looked very shaky in the first half, much more comfortable in the second half, but even in the second half he looked a little rusty. Another week of practice and confidence in his arm and legs will help. From what I can tell from week 1, he won't have to do a ton to foster a victory next week. 20 points should win this one.

While CM never looked amazing, the bottom line is that he made plays. That is what has been missing from the position for three years.
CM only had one miss in the second half. Sure the receivers made some great plays but then they should carry some of the load. Putting the ball in their range is enough for me. Now for the Clowns.