Very Bad Road shooting does not travel home does it? Official MSU/Izzo @ Iowa Game thread

Real question, after his bout with anxiety, his bad offensive and defensive production, can and does Patrick deserve his extensive playing time? Is there time for him to get right?
Absolutely not deserved! He makes a couple simple back-cuts and dunks (I hope to Christ, since he's 6'9) and "see...he's back" ... "he's so important down the stretch..." blah, blah.

He is NOT a good basketball player, at all. It's sad ... he used to be and had a lot of potential but his cancer and mental issues have destroyed his game.

Absolutely not deserved! He makes a couple simple back-cuts and dunks (I hope to Christ, since he's 6'9) and "see...he's back" ... "he's so important down the stretch..." blah, blah.

He is NOT a good basketball player, at all. It's sad ... he used to be and had a lot of potential but his cancer and mental issues have destroyed his game.
I see him as a role player now who should have a short leash, think he needs to work his way back to the amount of playing time he’s getting.

Someone should shoot Brent Feller with a paintball gun every time he stands up on the floor like that. Preferably in the nuts.

The Good first half:
-Rebraca has been efficient inside
-Iowa got some transition scores
-Made more 3 pointers

The Bad:
-KM still shooting horrible
-PM shooting horrible
-Bad defense

Announcer spot on about not switching on the 3s

Not how MSU was all over Murray on the buzzer shot. Iowa just doesn't do it.

Not enough time there, but playing that hard on the arc means the lane is open. that is a Fran thing. If they won't play people who will

It appears that neither team can guard the perimeter. First team that goes cold from three point land loses the game.

I just can’t believe Bowen and either Big shouldn’t be getting some playing time. 40 min for Kris and Rebraca again. How about spelling the post for 3 to 4 minutes a game?

It appears that neither team can guard the perimeter. First team that goes cold from three point land loses the game.
MSU can't cover with Flip on the blocks and Murray some.

Iowa can, they just don't go up and they don't switch well. Also, MSU does a good job of getting the ball to the shooter who is cocked and ready.

Iowa needs to play a little Interior D or they lose this game. MSU has no fear on taking it to the hole.

This team just isn’t as good as people thought.
That's the true truth. Iowa has been fortunate enough to be one of the better turds in the shit pile for most of the season. If Iowa was truly a "good" team, they'd easily have 5 more wins ... EIU, Wisc x 2, PennST, MSU and be ahead by 10 in this one with as many turnovers as MSU has. As is, they are in a stretch where, for whatever reason, (fatigue? shooting funk??) they can't beat those teams that are just as average as Iowa, even when those other teams are playing like crap (Wisconsin, MSU turnovers)

Latest posts