Vegas O/U on Hawks

I think they clear that bar. This year has an underestimation by the pundits feeling to it. They can put together 4 conference wins, for sure.

This is the easiest money you will ever make in your life, the floor this year is nine wins and they have a coin flip chance of twelve wins after the bowl or playoffs.

prognosticator.jpg

Iowa wins 7.5 games plus or minus 1

I love NCAA Football more than most, but I NEVER, EVER bet on college football.
Not since ISU and Shaggy beat us without even scoring a single TD when we were favored by over a touchdown.
That one scarred me for life.

This is the easiest money you will ever make in your life, the floor this year is nine wins and they have a coin flip chance of twelve wins after the bowl or playoffs.
You serious, Clark? What 9 games do you see Iowa winning? Cuz I think that 6.5 number is pretty solid. I'm only seeing 6 wins and a couple of those could easily be losses.
Wyoming
IA St
N Texas
Illinois
Minnesota
Purdue

Last edited:
You serious, Clark? What 9 games do you see Iowa winning? Cuz I think that 6.5 number is pretty solid. I'm only seeing 6 wins and a couple of those could easily be losses.
Wyoming
IA St
N Texas
Illinois
Minnesota
Purdue
The only games we don't have a really decent shot at winning are Ohio St, Penn St, and Wisconsin. I think we can get 7 wins. 9 wins might be stretching it.

Seems a bit low but most fans are optimistic this time of year and keep in mind this is only for regular season win totals so does not include conference championships or bowls. Vegas had us pegged about perfect last year at 8.5 and we finished the regular season at 8-4 so did not cover. I think 7-5 is likely and we cover that 6.5.

For what it's worth, Wiscy is at 9.5, NW 7.0 and Nebby 6.0. Wiscy at 9.5 may seem high but they have a much softer schedule this year than they've had recently.

Seems a bit low but most fans are optimistic this time of year and keep in mind this is only for regular season win totals so does not include conference championships or bowls. Vegas had us pegged about perfect last year at 8.5 and we finished the regular season at 8-4 so did not cover. I think 7-5 is likely and we cover that 6.5.

For what it's worth, Wiscy is at 9.5, NW 7.0 and Nebby 6.0. Wiscy at 9.5 may seem high but they have a much softer schedule this year than they've had recently.
Might put $ on Wisky going over after looking at their schedule.
Maybe even put $ on Meatchicken going under. Didn't they lose almost their entire starting defense?

Might put $ on Wisky going over after looking at their schedule.
Maybe even put $ on Meatchicken going under. Didn't they lose almost their entire starting defense?

It seemed like they had a million players drafted so in theory they lost a lot of starters.

The only games we don't have a really decent shot at winning are Ohio St, Penn St, and Wisconsin. I think we can get 7 wins. 9 wins might be stretching it.

Lol, it's a good thing we play crappy ass programs. Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin, by those teams you mean schools with legit football programs. Hey since when did we count Penn State as a loss.............. that's sad with the sanctions they got hit with.

new coaching staff, new QB, no WRs to speak of, replacing the DL. Seems about right I was way more shocked at ISU's over/under

6-7 seems about right with question marks in the passing game and not knowing what impact Brian will have with the offense. If he truly has more of a free reign to do things his way and one or more of the newcomers @ WR show a few things 9 regular season wins wouldn't be out of the question. But to even get close to '15 the O has to be boot to the throat the whole game.

I don't know...color me optimistic this time of year, but typically when you have 7 of the top 8 offensive linemen that won the Joe Moore Award coming back a year older and another year to work on weaknesses, well, I think 6.5 is a little low. You also have one of the most dynamic backs in CFB on your team. Granted, the new QB is the big question mark and receiver looks like a weakness...I'll give you that. Has Iowa ever surprised with a new starting QB who hadn't played a lot? Look it up and you don't have to go back very far. Hell, we have trouble when we have experience coming back.

Now, WR is an issue...but you have to remember...part of their responsibility is clearing out or taking defenders out of the play, and blocking. That we know this coaching staff can teach. There are no question marks at TE, and Wadley out of the backfield is a nightmare for defenses. If Vandenburg comes back like himself and our offensive line keeps our QB upright and protected...8 wins would have to be my lowest projection. You better have some beef up front because our offensive is going to be physical as hell.

Defensively, it all centers around the DTs and Safeties. We are inexperienced as hell in those positions, albeit Taylor and Bazata have played a ton...but the last time we looked Taylor was losing his job to Gair. Everywhere else on defense is going to be, dare I say, nasty...corner included. We've recruited very well there with three or four guys that can play...and have some young talent at safety too.

I may take this bet at 6.5.

Latest posts