VA Tech got screwd

The ball did not shift. He secured it before the ball hit the ground. It can hit the ground as long as he has possession. He controlled it and his left elbow landed in bounds before the ball hit the ground and he maintained possession. It was a catch. Bad call

+1.

These reviews of what constitutes a catch are becoming brutal. I thought it was a catch and predicted it wouldn't be called a catch given part of the ball hit the ground. But the whole ball is in his possession and never came out of his possession.

Ok whats your deal Berg. We want B1G teams to win to make us and the conference look good.
how, how does b1G winning bowl games make us look good, when we lose our bowl? we cheer against these teams during the season, and then we have to turn around and want them to win so we can here how back Michigan is? we had a disappointing year, so it doesnt matter. ill do it when we beat those teams, not when we lose to them

lol are you ********?

Ok whats your deal Berg. We want B1G teams to win to make us and the conference look good.
how, how does b1G winning bowl games make us look good, when we lose our bowl? we cheer against these teams during the season, and then we have to turn around and want them to win so we can here how back Michigan is? we had a disappointing year, so it doesnt matter. ill do it when we beat those teams, not when we lose to them
lol are you ********?

espicially when its NEB, Mich, wisky, and isu. im so glad 3 outta the 4 lost. i did cheer for purdue and illinois though if that counts for anything

The ball did not shift. He secured it before the ball hit the ground. It can hit the ground as long as he has possession. He controlled it and his left elbow landed in bounds before the ball hit the ground and he maintained possession. It was a catch. Bad call

The ball certainly shifts when it hits the ground. If you want to say that didn't have an effect on whether or not he caught it, fine. But he didn't have complete control of it until he was out of bounds. It was incomplete in my book.

The ball certainly shifts when it hits the ground. If you want to say that didn't have an effect on whether or not he caught it, fine. But he didn't have complete control of it until he was out of bounds. It was incomplete in my book.

That ball did not move one bit. His arm moved because it hit the ground and the ball was in his arm. If you specifically watch the ball it does not move, just his arm. bad call

I thought it looked like the nose hitting the ground helped him secure the ball, so I'd have called it incomplete.

should never have come to that of Beamer wasn't an idiot for calling that fake punt. Being aggressive doesn't always work even though most on here won't see it that way. Mich couldn't do anything on O stupid to give them a short field.
Wha? Playing to win doesnt always work?!????

Some reviews are screwed up but this one wasn't. They watched the same replay that you do and they said it was not a catch. I, and it seems the majority of people agree with them.

As far as the announcers I heard them say it was the right call, they never said that it was a bad call.

the nose hit the ground, but the ball is in his possession, in his arm. i don't believe that without the ground hit he would have dropped it. i thought it was a catch and i think these reviews of what is and isn't a catch are suspect at best. anyway, unfortunate for the kid - great effort either way you look at it.

regarding him being in or out, his left elbow hit in bounds first.

+1. Even with the ball strapped to your chest like a terrorist with dynamite and your arm clutched tightly to it, the ball is still going to shift a bit when you go vertical and fall directly on it. Does that mean you don't have control? I felt there was enough evidence on the replays to go either way; very close call. Was interested to see what the replay official said.

Tremendous effort by the kid; unfortunate for him and his teammates it turned out not to be a catch.

Latest posts