Utah St. Gary Andersen to become Wisconsin next coach

I think he does run a spread offense of some sort. Hopefully this turns out as well as Brewster's attempt at turning power running team into a spread!

If I'm a Wisconsin fan I'm not 100% thrilled with this hire. His overall record is just 30-31. Utah State went 11-2 this year but played no one.

I remember the last few years liking what Utah St. was doing. Does anybody know if he is a defensive or offensive guy. Can't imagine Wisc flipping a 180 concerning style of play.

I remember the last few years liking what Utah St. was doing. Does anybody know if he is a defensive or offensive guy. Can't imagine Wisc flipping a 180 concerning style of play.

I've seen it mentioned that Andersen was Urban's DC when he was at Utah

If I'm a Wisconsin fan I'm not 100% thrilled with this hire. His overall record is just 30-31. Utah State went 11-2 this year but played no one.

Uhh, played no one? They played Wisconsin in Madison and severely outplayed us. They should have beaten us but their kicker missed a chip shot field goal. Their only other loss was to BYU @ BYU 6-3. We're talking about Utah State here, they have about as much business going 11-2 as Minnesota does playing for the national title.

Great hire. If you've followed Wisconsin's coaching hires over the last 25 years, it's all been guys with no previous national type of name. That includes Barry Alvarez.

Horrible hire. You mean they almost beat Wisconsin? The same Wisconsin that lost 5 games in the worst conference in America? Barry and Bret at least had some significant major conference experience. This clown has never coached in the big leagues, in fact has never coached outside of tiny Utah. This has disaster written all over it. As Bucky's #1 hater, I'm ecstatic right now.

I was on the BADger scout site last night and most of them were happy with the hire. Some like Anderson because he is in shape and "Biff" was considered too fat.

Uhh, played no one? They played Wisconsin in Madison and severely outplayed us. They should have beaten us but their kicker missed a chip shot field goal. Their only other loss was to BYU @ BYU 6-3. We're talking about Utah State here, they have about as much business going 11-2 as Minnesota does playing for the national title.

Great hire. If you've followed Wisconsin's coaching hires over the last 25 years, it's all been guys with no previous national type of name. That includes Barry Alvarez.
UNI almost beat you this year too. So I guess you guys would be elated if you got Mark Farley.

Yep. Im sure when Alvarez set out for this hire his goals were make sure to hire a coach with zero experience at the BCS level(assistant or HC), zero ties to the midwest and hasnt coached outside of the state of Utah. Bottom line is Alvarez was turned down numerous times and ended up getting a guy to finally say yes. Stop acting like Wisconsin just hired Nick Saban and this was the plan all along. I love how Wisconsin fans are trying to convince themselves this is an upgrade from Bielema, you are all out of your ******* minds.

I was on the BADger scout site last night and most of them were happy with the hire. Some like Anderson because he is in shape and "Biff" was considered too fat.
So they wanted a guy to offset the typical fat cheesehead Wisconsinite?

Its a poor hire and he is bringing alot of his staff with him.

Barry is the problem no one wants to work for him.

Latest posts