Utah good enough to play in NBA?

I'm not sure that walk-on Okey Utah is good enough for the NBA, but I've heard he's a great student (in fact, I think he's already graduated), so there's definitely a great future for him outside of basketball!

Utah used to be good enough, but being stuck in the stronger Western Conference has hurt them recently...they do have that kid who almost beat Duke when he was playing for Butler though so I'm still gonna say...YES! They are...

I have been saying since half way through Jarrod's sophomore year that he was the best NBA prospect on the team. That includes Marble and White. My reasoning then and still now was his height, arm length, ball handling ability for his size, shooting ability, and his savvy mid range game. White has similar height and arm length but not the other characteristics. Marble has the shooting and a savvy mid range game but not at the same level as Jarrod and lacks his physical gifts.

It's funny that someone has mentioned Gordon Hayward in this thread. The first time I saw Jarrod in an Iowa uniform I thought he reminded me of a younger Gordon Hayward. Gordon has better handles but both are tall lengthy baby faced guys that can shoot the ball lights out. It'll be interesting to see where Jarrod ends up being drafted, I'll be very surprised if he's not.

I was talking to Allan this morning and there was something I was wondering.... I was wondering what I was doing in Utah this morning.

I'm the only 9 2/3rd fingered deef man who is missing his finger and my typing get all mixed up!

LOL, 99% of the posters on this board have made bigger mistakes.

Yes, Uthoff is good enough to play at the next level ... and Utah could actually use him.

I have been saying since half way through Jarrod's sophomore year that he was the best NBA prospect on the team. That includes Marble and White. My reasoning then and still now was his height, arm length, ball handling ability for his size, shooting ability, and his savvy mid range game. White has similar height and arm length but not the other characteristics. Marble has the shooting and a savvy mid range game but not at the same level as Jarrod and lacks his physical gifts.

It's funny that someone has mentioned Gordon Hayward in this thread. The first time I saw Jarrod in an Iowa uniform I thought he reminded me of a younger Gordon Hayward. Gordon has better handles but both are tall lengthy baby faced guys that can shoot the ball lights out. It'll be interesting to see where Jarrod ends up being drafted, I'll be very surprised if he's not.

I agree, Uthoff will be drafted and stick in the league. He can hit shots from all over the floor, can rebound and defend.

Coming into this year... I didn't know if his game would transition to the physicality that the NBA game brings.... but he's convinced me ever since the first half of the ISU game.

It's hard to call that his break out party because he's been good for 2 plus years but that was a whole different level and the moment for me that I realized he could play in the NBA as it was something I've rarely seen done at a college level in terms of just taking completely over and being completely unstoppable and he really hasn't slowed down ever since.

Coming into this year... I didn't know if his game would transition to the physicality that the NBA game brings.... but he's convinced me ever since the first half of the ISU game.

It's hard to call that his break out party because he's been good for 2 plus years but that was a whole different level and the moment for me that I realized he could play in the NBA as it was something I've rarely seen done at a college level in terms of just taking completely over and being completely unstoppable and he really hasn't slowed down ever since.

Hopefully we see even another level at Maryland.

I love the title, I laugh every time someone on TV says his name like that.

With his size (height) and perimeter shooting abilities I believe "Utah" has a very good shot at making it in the NBA. My only question is if his body can handle the NBA, he may need to bulk up.

Latest posts