USC/Oregon

Motigerhawk

USC goes on a 17 play drive start the game and scores a TD on a Fran Tarkenton like scramble and TD throw by their true freshman QB. The kid is fantastic. Earlier in the drive he scanned the entire field before going back to the other side and delivered a strike for a 1st down as he was getting hit from the front.

I like this kid. He us fun to watch.

USC goes on a 17 play drive start the game and scores a TD on a Fran Tarkenton like scramble and TD throw by their true freshman QB. The kid is fantastic. Earlier in the drive he scanned the entire field before going back to the other side and delivered a strike for a 1st down as he was getting hit from the front.

I fucking hate Fran Tarkenton ;)

I fucking hate Fran Tarkenton ;)
And by all accounts he's not the most pleasant guy off the field either. He seems to have the classic "get off my lawn" personality and when pressed will spew endless venom about the state of today's game, or what he would have accomplished under today's rules. He carries himself as an unappreciated and disrespected person.

Jesus, you'd never see BF run a play like that, pass then lateral?? No fucking way in hell.

Yeah I saw the kid play earlier in the season after he came in for the injured starter and he just started throwing darts all over the field.

USC has lost the swagger on defense though. They are not the top team because of that lack of defense which bama and clemson bring to the table and usually ohio st.

Oklahoma, same thing for about 10 years now , a lack of tough really good defense

Okay, so Oregon scored fifty and USC basically mutinied to try to get their coach fired because they are now 5-4. But the freshman quarterback does look good.

USC QB Slovis was coached by Kurt Warner at his high school, Desert Mountain in Scottsdale AZ. Kurt Warner was the OC and QB coach. I wish Iowa could hire him as a consultant or a coach.

Okay, so Oregon scored fifty and USC basically mutinied to try to get their coach fired because they are now 5-4. But the freshman quarterback does look good.
If their truly trying to mutiny there's no guarantee that it won't backfire on the players, who's scholarships could be revoked with the stroke of a pen and easily replaced.

Purdue's basketball team tried something similar in 1989 when some players didn't buy into Gene Keady-and Keady promptly bounced four of them right off the team at seasons end. Gene certainly wasn't going anywhere, and he truly proved who was in charge the next year when he led a short handed team to a second place finish in the conference.

Two side notes about 1990 Purdue. Their late season loss at Carver, where Jimmy Oliver's potential game winner was a split second late, probably cost them a share of the conference title.

Also, their current head coach Matt Painter was a freshman on that team.

Latest posts