USC hit with 2 year post-season ban

what did you want?

They will claim Dynasty Status in the 2000s with BCS wins over Iowa, Michigan (2), Penn State, Oklahoma, Illinois.

They get the 2004 National Championship and will claim the 2003 Title.

All ill-gotten.

I knew Death Penalty was off the table, but there should be some type of long-term punishment that spans at least 10-15 years.

They have so many natural advantages to begin with they didn't need to pay and cheat.

I would take two years of Iowa missing bowl games for 2 national titles and 6 BCS wins, wouldn't you? Everyone would, therefore the punishment is too light.

i've heard that vacating the 2004 bcs championship is on the table. also, i've heard reggie could have to give his heisman back. i hope this is the 'other penalties' bruce is referring to.

2 year post season ban and loss of scholarships is very significant. Hardly a slap on the wrist.

2 year post season ban and loss of scholarships is very significant. Hardly a slap on the wrist.

That is the same kind of penalties that sent SC into the slide after their success with McKay and Robinson's first stint.

Blue chippers don't want to come play at an institution when they know they can't go bowling.

How would the NCAA force Reggie Bush to give his Heisman Trophy back to an institution that awarded it to him that doesn't answer to the NCAA? Am I missing something?

People on the USC boards are pretty sure that this will be overturned once they appeal and will receive a lot lesser of a penalty. Which is dumb because they cheated.

I doubt the LA Times would be reporting this if they weren't pretty sure.

20 Schollies on top of 2 years?

Hey USC, welcome back to irrelevance.

I doubt the LA Times would be reporting this if they weren't pretty sure.

20 Schollies on top of 2 years?

Hey USC, welcome back to irrelevance.

I would argue with you on this, but as one poster already stated, they named Lane Kiffin head coach. They were already on their way to irrelevance.

If Iowa gets to the Rose Bowl this year...at least we will not be facing USC. Oregon kicked off Masoli today also, their star qb,who was arrested again the other nite.
So,who is going to win the Pac Ten this year?

Latest posts