USA vs Italy.

Well despite the hating I'm excited. The US has never beaten Italy and 0-0 draw at half is a promising sign.

Yeah, this is good stuff. I like that we're getting some decent minutes from younger guys like Shea. It's almost good that we don't have Donovan or Gooch. It takes the pressure of expectation off, methinks.

Don't support the team that wears your flag on its shirt? Commies. Get behind your country or GTFO.

First of all, its an int'l friendly. That's basically like going to a lady of the evening for a good time and finding out that you get to watch cartoons. What's the point?

Second, it's an int'l friendly. Wake me up when the games become relevant and the outcome has any bearing on the future of a sport.

Third, soccer is flat out boring. The players flop worse than carp out of the Iowa river.

Fourth - I will post in any damn thread that I choose to.

how is klinsmann doing?

In general, or in this game? In general, we've been off to a slow start under Jurgy, but that's always been his M.O.. Germany was one of the all-time most underachieving squads until he had them storm through to the World Cup semis. in 2004. Nobody's calling for his head, but folks are definitely waiting for him to pay dividends. A tie or a win today would be a phenomenal step in that direction.

Don't respond if you don't care.

Cracks me up that people TAKE THE TIME to inflect their indifference.

I care, just not in the way you do. A bunch of euro's flopping all over the place like there are snipers present is not something we need more of in this country.

The thread is in the wrong forum, I believe you missed the "professional" and "sports" terms when posting, and should be in the off-topic forum.

Say goodbye to cantenaccio. Italy is going to open it up, and we're going to learn a thing or two about our defense.

Latest posts