USA Today: Iowa FB is cure for Insomnia

Usatoday is garbage. A complete waste of time. I am beginning to think there's not a good national media out there at all

Usatoday is garbage. A complete waste of time. I am beginning to think there's not a good national media out there at all

I guess your reasoning is because NO ONE, I mean NO ONE, are picking your stellar Hawks to do shitick this year. So, because of that, there's no reputable media out there. I get it. :confused: Finger circling ear!!

It's not just that. I wait all summer. I get super excited for Hawkeye football every year. For them to make a comment like that is completely out of line when the complete opposite is true. Sometimes I have can't get to sleep due to the anticipation.

It seems anymore that no one writes anything good about Iowa. Its always negative. It would be sweet if our boys could put a good season together and shut this people up!

NOT SO FAST BUB! We're gonna open it up this year! Derp Davis has just been waiting for his time. It is now. Hold on to your hats

Saying something is boring is a subjective opinion. For example can enjoy watching videos of the 1939 Iowa Notre Dame game, with no sound mind you. Most people would consider that style of offence and punting 16 times to be boring. However I still consider it to be good football. Today's football is so much more dynamic even with a conservative approach.

Actually far from it. I study a lot about Iowa football history. I believe that it improves my brain rather than being a detriment. Studying any history is the same for that matter. This gives me a perspective that people lacking that knowledge do not have.

It's not just that. I wait all summer. I get super excited for Hawkeye football every year. For them to make a comment like that is completely out of line when the complete opposite is true. Sometimes I have can't get to sleep due to the anticipation.

Go put on some reruns of the 2012 season. You'll drink/cry yourself to sleep without a problem.

Although the USA Today is mine (or anyone's) first choice for sports info, but they did a really good job with this article. Actually, if pretty much watch a tape of any series (offense or defense), from the ast 15 yrs, you really have all you need to know about Iowa football. Just Ask Pat Fitzgerald. Besides being bland and non-innovative (on both sides of the bal and special teams) over the last 15 yrs, our lack of emotion/energy among players and coaches may even trump that.