USA TODAY BOWL PROJECTIONS INTERESTING

longtimer

Wed., Jan. 1
GatorBig Ten vs. SECIowa vs. Georgia
Wed., Jan. 1
OutbackBig Ten vs. SECNebraska vs. LSU

If Nebraska jumps us after we beat the crap out of them...well Outback, you can have their weak **** or as I refer to manure...Pelini. Outback you can have your Pelini.

As the Outback has first dibs on an SEC East team, I think it is highly likely they will select Mizzou. Cotton's tie in is SEC West and I don't see Mizzou getting picked for the Cap One. By rule they cannot fall farther than the Outback. Then the Outback will have to pick a opponent, and Mizzou-Nebraska is an old rivalry (not like Neb-Okla but still a rivalry at least in Missouri's eyes that Mizzou fans if they would ever travel to a bowl game would certainly travel to face Nebraska). That's a scenario where I see us in the Gator. Michigan to the BWW. This is my pick.

I get what you are saying MizzouHawk, but, like the iowa-nebraska rivalry, it's never been much of a rivalry since it was dominate in one direction. This Missouri team would beat the crap out of Nebraska...although Missouri's D-coordinator may help Nebraska score points. That was the worst run defense I've seen in a long time last night. You have to set the edge against a team like Auburn or you are done. I'm not saying Auburn wouldn't still get 300 yards rushing, but not 600...that was awful alignment defense and discipline...actually some of the worst I've seen all year. i didn't get that. Missouri has played very well defensively all year...then that. Strange.

INSIDE INFORMATION: My dad knows the Mizzou AD, Mike Alden, who just told my dad it's Mizzou to the Cotton vs Ok State and Alden said if not selected to Cotton it would have been Outback vs Iowa and that the Outback have selected LSU now, as out opponent.

This USA Today projection was filled out by someone who doesnt understand the inner machinations of the process

Wed., Jan. 1GatorBig Ten vs. SECIowa vs. Georgia
Wed., Jan. 1OutbackBig Ten vs. SECNebraska vs. LSU

That scenario would set up decent for Iowa winning and Nebraska getting blistered. Would certainly be a joke for it to happen, but it wouldn't be all bad.

word is UGA is going to Atltana for Chicken Bowl
Yes this means either LSU or A&M dropped to Gator Bowl, I doubt both Outback and Chick passed on Johnny Football, my guess is Iowa A&M and LSU drops to Gator for the Les Miles Michigan Bowl

Latest posts