Urban Cryer

I don't think anyone will ever do 9-1 against Michigan again but yeah I would say fans expect to be back in the NC game in the next 2-3 years and winning a lot of B10 titles

I don't think anybody will be allowed to cheat for 10 straight years in a row either.

Fufred, what are the expectations in Columbus with Meyer? I mean you won 6 BIG10 titles in a row....do fans really think Meyer is going to improve on this?
I'm beginning to wonder how long the Buckeye fans give Meyer to wins NC?

Winning National Championships is the expectation. Winning 6 B1G 10 titles in a row is impressive, but that also speaks volumes about the lack of upper echelon competition within the B1G. Ohio State was benefiting from recruiting like the SEC while the rest of the B1G was not.

What a guy! Someone give him an award.

Please save me the morality....its big time college football. A lot of Iowa fans would kill to have Urban or Saban if it meant being a real player in winning a NC. Why Iowa fans would continue to accept just being another team if the opportunity to be a contender was available boggles my mind. Are you still wanting to do it "the right way"? Doing it the SEC way seems to be working for Florida, Alabama and Auburn. You say the cheat but they still have some shiny trophies that Iowa doesn't. And as fans that's all that really matters.

Please save me the morality....its big time college football. A lot of Iowa fans would kill to have Urban or Saban if it meant being a real player in winning a NC. Why Iowa fans would continue to accept just being another team if the opportunity to be a contender was available boggles my mind. Are you still wanting to do it "the right way"?

Yes.

Doing it the SEC way seems to be working for Florida, Alabama and Auburn. You say the cheat but they still have some shiny trophies that Iowa doesn't. And as fans that's all that really matters.

For SEC and Ohio State fans, no question.

Please save me the morality....its big time college football. A lot of Iowa fans would kill to have Urban or Saban if it meant being a real player in winning a NC. Why Iowa fans would continue to accept just being another team if the opportunity to be a contender was available boggles my mind. Are you still wanting to do it "the right way"? Doing it the SEC way seems to be working for Florida, Alabama and Auburn. You say the cheat but they still have some shiny trophies that Iowa doesn't. And as fans that's all that really matters.

Honest question and not predicting or implying that this will be what happens. If you had to pick one of the two options listed, what would you pick:

1) Win a national championship, only to have it be taken away 5 years down the road. The records books do not list a NC for that year and there is no hardware in Columbus for the NC.

2) Never win a national title but regularly compete for and win B1G Titles and play in and win some New Years Day bowl games. Make a BCS appearance every 3-5 years.

Please save me the morality....its big time college football. A lot of Iowa fans would kill to have Urban or Saban if it meant being a real player in winning a NC. Why Iowa fans would continue to accept just being another team if the opportunity to be a contender was available boggles my mind. Are you still wanting to do it "the right way"?

As Billso already said - Yes.

Your win at all costs mind set boggles my mind. If you have to discard dignity and honor to win then what have you actually won?

Honest question and not predicting or implying that this will be what happens. If you had to pick one of the two options listed, what would you pick:

1) Win a national championship, only to have it be taken away 5 years down the road. The records books do not list a NC for that year and there is no hardware in Columbus for the NC.

2) Never win a national title but regularly compete for and win B1G Titles and play in and win some New Years Day bowl games. Make a BCS appearance every 3-5 years.

1....all day everyday. They could take a trophy but the memories wouldn't be erased. Osu vacated the 2010 season but they can't vacate my memory of Pryors 4th down scramble vs. Iowa or beating UM....

glaring differences between the fan bases. have some self respect. I bet you're also the kind of guy that sets the computer to easy when you play video games

Last edited:

I didn't say anything about that, I'm just saying the guys a dick. That is all.

Latest posts