Urban Cryer

I find it funny that Beilemma and Dantonio would talk about Meyer and poaching players, since those 2 are constantly trying to poach Iowa commits.

This thread is a joke. Meyer contacted Ohio players who committed other places before he took the job. It is in no way illegal or unethical and there isn't a coach anywhere in America who wouldn't do the exact same thing. Then Bielema, the moron he is cries about it. I can't imagine how big of a loser you have to be to side with Bielema, the biggest DBag of a coach in Big 10 history.

Did he decide that after winning the NC after the 2006 season or after winning the NC after the 2008 season or was it after going 13-1 in the 2009 season?

No, but I think he probably decided it after going 8-5 in 2010. And the team he left behind went 7-6 in 2011. Not hard to believe he may have seen the writing on the wall.

This thread is a joke. Meyer contacted Ohio players who committed other places before he took the job. It is in no way illegal or unethical and there isn't a coach anywhere in America who wouldn't do the exact same thing. Then Bielema, the moron he is cries about it. I can't imagine how big of a loser you have to be to side with Bielema, the biggest DBag of a coach in Big 10 history.

Illegal, no. But that IS unethical. It's not punishable, but it does go against the spirit of rules that are in place.

i guess the best way to solve the unethical part that is practiced by every coach including the good Captain is to make a rule that once a kid commits he is hands off, no contact period, by anybody or set up a one week early signing period.
to those that say what happens if the HC goes elsewhere, that can be solved by letting the kid can appeal to the NCAA to be released

Illegal, no. But that IS unethical. It's not punishable, but it does go against the spirit of rules that are in place.

Meyer wasn't even the head coach of Ohio State when these top players from Ohio committed elsewhere. How is a new coach coming in and calling the players to see if they are interested unethical? Wouldn't you expect and want an Iowa coach to do the exact same thing when hired?

Also by this standard you would also have to say Kirk Ferentz's recruitment of Barkley Hill is unethical, which is beyond ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfMFeQYDznY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

More like Urban Liar.... Check out his fake heart attack after he realized he was SOL without Tebow vs Saban. Too funny

why would he contact these players if he didn't have the job? was he planning on doing an expose about all the kids leaving ohio to go to other schools? He knew he was goin to be the next head coach and it was unethical of him to contact these players under false pretenses if he was not hired yet.

why would he contact these players if he didn't have the job? was he planning on doing an expose about all the kids leaving ohio to go to other schools? He knew he was goin to be the next head coach and it was unethical of him to contact these players under false pretenses if he was not hired yet.

Seriously? The players committed to other schools before he took the job, he then contacted players after he took the job, obviously.

Do you think Kirk Ferentz is unethical for contacting committed players too?

Last edited:
Seriously? The players committed to other schools before he took the job, he then contacted players after he took the job, obviously.

Do you think Kirk Ferentz is unethical for contacting committed players too?

sorry, that is not the way I read your post.

Urban Meyer walks into the B10 and is the best coach and best recruiter. Of course he is hated...he'll be hated more when he runs up the score on people.

We'll see if he's the best coach. With his + OSU's lure if he doesn't win the conference 7-8 out of the next 10 years he's probably NOT the best coach in the Big 10. Kinda like Saban. Bama should win the national title next year too.....

Also found this summary of his Florida "techniques" at Welcome to chaddscott.com, drawing on a report from Bruce Feldman at ESPN:

To summarize, Meyer landed a top JUCO wide receiver this season by doggedly recruiting the player's girlfriend, a gymnast, to come to UF. This is a blatant violation of a basic NCAA rule forbidding football coaches from recruiting for other sports and also an infraction regarding frequency of contact.

He further would orchestrate a call between that player and Tim Tebow at the Heisman Trophy ceremony which is also a clear violation of NCAA rules.

He lied to a Michigan recruit about a conversation he had with UM coaches attempting to trick the player into believing the Michigan coaches felt the player would be better off at Florida. The conversation never took place; a clear ethical and moral breech.

Finally, Meyer told a top QB recruit (Jevan Snead, formerly at Texas, now at Ole Miss) two years ago that his only interest in scouting Tim Tebow was as a linebacker after promising the player he was the only quarterback the Gators were recruiting. Another blatant lie. Another dramatic ethical and moral breech. But worse still, the gross act of a grown man trying to screw with a teenager's future, the ultimate act of deceit, brokering on built up trust to deceive a kid for your personal gain.

Sickening. Each and every case.

These are not the acts of a man with integrity.

This is not merely coloring outside the lines or being a fierce competitor. This is cheating. There's no other way to view it.

Urban Meyer is a cheater.

• UCF coach George O’Leary: “There are no sexy names [in the recruiting class] probably that you want to see as media people, but most of those guys don’t make it anyway. Go back and look at the history on them, all those four-star, five-star guys; they’re working somewhere at McDonald’s.”

• LSU coach Les Miles: “There was a gentleman from Indiana [QB Gunner Kiel] that thought about coming to the Bayou State. He did not necessarily have the chest [i.e., heart] and the ability to lead a program.”

• Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly: “I used to have a saying about players like that and that was I’d rather play against him for four games than with him for four years.”

Last edited:
i guess the best way to solve the unethical part that is practiced by every coach including the good Captain is to make a rule that once a kid commits he is hands off, no contact period, by anybody or set up a one week early signing period.
to those that say what happens if the HC goes elsewhere, that can be solved by letting the kid can appeal to the NCAA to be released
I don't like it. We would no longer be able to poach players from ISU.:D

• Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly: “I used to have a saying about players like that and that was I’d rather play against him for four games than with him for four years.”

I believe he also said:
"We play to win here. I'd rather ignore safety and let a student volunteer die than lose 10 minutes of practice time"

But that might be a paraphrase.

The previous staff accepted some commits that were marginal, never would have sniffed an offer under Urban....at least he honored their scholarships. He didn't have to....

The previous staff accepted some commits that were marginal, never would have sniffed an offer under Urban....at least he honored their scholarships. He didn't have to....

Fufred, what are the expectations in Columbus with Meyer? I mean you won 6 BIG10 titles in a row....do fans really think Meyer is going to improve on this?
I'm beginning to wonder how long the Buckeye fans give Meyer to wins NC?

Latest posts