upgraded to ice cream sandwich

HawkeyesWin

The words i type are light grey on a white background and i can hardly read them prior to posting. After posting they are fine.

Also, getting a message. that reads 'device cannot play material' when i open some threads but everything seems fine.

Razr maxx. ics

I presume you're talking about the HN app? Sounds like it might be something glitchy in Moto's skin, or with carrier bloatware, not ICS. I wish I could help you, but I can't. I won't even ask if you did a reboot of the phone and a reinstall of the app, because of course you tried those things first...!!

I presume you're talking about the HN app? Sounds like it might be something glitchy in Moto's skin, or with carrier bloatware, not ICS. I wish I could help you, but I can't. I won't even ask if you did a reboot of the phone and a reinstall of the app, because of course you tried those things first...!!

Yes Android. app. yes uninstall. then reinstall.

any other ideas?

Yes Android. app. yes uninstall. then reinstall.

any other ideas?

OK, I installed the HN app in order to take a look at it. FYI, I'm running Android 4.0.3 ICS on a Samsung Galaxy SII (TMobile). Here's what a couple of screens looked like to me (these are enlarged a bit, of course):

7517707604_ce968c1ebc.jpg

7517706718_ae55d1ec4e.jpg

Is this what it looks like on your phone? I see what you mean about the light grey on white in the first screenshot, but since I don't use the app, I can't speak to how it looked on my phone before the ICS upgrade.
My guess is that JD's people haven't massaged the app to account for ICS; it is probably optimized for Gingerbread only.

I have a razor and if I turn my phone horizontal the typed words are black. Not sure why but if you hold your phone vertical the type is gray.

OK, I installed the HN app in order to take a look at it. FYI, I'm running Android 4.0.3 ICS on a Samsung Galaxy SII (TMobile). Here's what a couple of screens looked like to me (these are enlarged a bit, of course):

Scorpio... I ran across this old post where you mention you have a Galaxy SII. Do you like it? I'm thinking of getting a Galazy SIII.

Scorpio... I ran across this old post where you mention you have a Galaxy SII. Do you like it? I'm thinking of getting a Galazy SIII.

I mostly like the GSII very much, ATL. Keep in mind that this is my first Android handset - I used a BlackBerry until late last year.
There are times when it is a bit troublesome (telephony inconsistencies), and it seems to need rebooting with regularity, but overall it is fast and very capable.
The telephony glitches are most likely carrier-related (I'm on TMobile).
I reckon the refinements that Samsung made to the GSIII probably eliminate any issues people had with the GSII (and the list is short), so my opinion is that you would probably love the GSIII. :)

I mostly like the GSII very much, ATL. Keep in mind that this is my first Android handset - I used a BlackBerry until late last year.
There are times when it is a bit troublesome (telephony inconsistencies), and it seems to need rebooting with regularity, but overall it is fast and very capable.
The telephony glitches are most likely carrier-related (I'm on TMobile).
I reckon the refinements that Samsung made to the GSIII probably eliminate any issues people had with the GSII (and the list is short), so my opinion is that you would probably love the GSIII. :)

Thanks, Scorpio. That confirms what I've read and heard... I think I'll give it a try.

Just bought the electrify 2. With ice cream etc. left blackberry today. I turned the lights out as I was likely the last one to leave blk berry.

Just bought the electrify 2. With ice cream etc. left blackberry today. I turned the lights out as I was likely the last one to leave blk berry.

Yay Oz! Welcome to the wonderful world of Android. You'll like it here. :)