UPDATED: Gabe Olaseni in Walking Boot

If anyone wants to see what Iowa basketball is going to look like next year, at the Center position, you're going to get a sneak peak on Saturday. We'll see how many minutes Woody can go on his own.

To be honest, I think Uthoff might match up really well against Karminski on defense. Karminski isn't a banger and Uthoff has the length and speed to keep up with him on the outside. Could be interesting.

To be honest, I think Uthoff might match up really well against Karminski on defense. Karminski isn't a banger and Uthoff has the length and speed to keep up with him on the outside. Could be interesting.

So Woody gets Hayes and Jok gets Dekker in that scenario?

Actually, I think Kaminsky would have an easy time with Uthoff.

Kaminski is physical enough that Uthoff wouldn't be able to hang with him inside.

I would go with a zone to keep Woodbury out of foul trouble...especially the hedge fouls out front. If White and Olaseni don't play Woodbury's fouls all have to be down low preventing baskets or fighting for offensive rebounds. Control the defensive glass, make a few outside shots and don't turn the ball over. This gives us a chance at Carver.

Also, it is very unlikely Wisconsin will play as well as they did last time or that Iowa will play as poorly as they did last time. I expect a lot of energy out of the Hawks. Of course all 3 of these things could happen and Iowa could still lose to Wisconsin...no shame in getting beat by the best team in the conference. But I just have a hunch that the talking heads will be wondering how Iowa did a 37 point turn around in a week and a half with a banged up roster.

If White is out/ineffective, and especially if Gabe is out, then my gut says Iowa can't beat Wisconsin. Then I remember the fact that Rutgers beat Wisconsin, so... :confused:

If White is out/ineffective, and especially if Gabe is out, then my gut says Iowa can't beat Wisconsin. Then I remember the fact that Rutgers beat Wisconsin, so... :confused:

Wisconsin was without Kamisnki and that is the game Jackson went down. It is similar to Iowa losing to Purdue since White went down early.

Kaminsky would eat Uthoff for breakfast lunch and dinner down low..... There really isn't an individual matchup with them that I like... They just have to play team ball not turn it over (maybe even force more then 1) rebound and shoot better then 38%.... All of that is asking alot but who knows crazier things have happened.

Wisconsin was without Kamisnki and that is the game Jackson went down. It is similar to Iowa losing to Purdue since White went down early.

But Kaminsky did play when Wisconsin needed OT to win at Michigan Saturday. Their other road games were a blowout win at NW and the 5 point loss at Rutgers. So they aren't exactly killing it on the road in conference play...at least without Jackson.

And in the Michigan win their starters played 43, 33, 42, 40 and 40 minutes out of 45. Kaminsky played the 43. Their bench played 27 minutes collectively and did not score. All we have to do is wear them down and/or get 1 or 2 starters in foul trouble.

And in the Michigan win their starters played 43, 33, 42, 40 and 40 minutes out of 45. Kaminsky played the 43. Their bench played 27 minutes collectively and did not score. All we have to do is wear them down and/or get 1 or 2 starters in foul trouble.

With their guarding technique of chest into chest with hands up, they rarely get called for fouls. I think Uthoff needs to get into the paint and get to the hoop to draw some fouls. Enough of the fall away jumpers and 3-point FGs for him in this game. With White and Olaseni out of this game (or in and not at 100%), Uthoff needs to play inside more. If Ogelsby can have a game like he did last year at Carver vs. Wisky, the Hawks will have a chance.

With their guarding technique of chest into chest with hands up, they rarely get called for fouls. I think Uthoff needs to get into the paint and get to the hoop to draw some fouls. Enough of the fall away jumpers and 3-point FGs for him in this game. With White and Olaseni out of this game (or in and not at 100%), Uthoff needs to play inside more. If Ogelsby can have a game like he did last year at Carver vs. Wisky, the Hawks will have a chance.

And when we go small and Woodbury is sitting let Uthoff pull Kaminsky away from the basket. Now our guards can drive and try to draw fouls. Dickerson may have some value here...as he is probably in the guard rotation if no Olaseni and White.

I think Wisconsin has decided to make Iowa their ***** and play harder against us than they do against some other teams. They were obviously enjoying the hell out of that win in Madison. I think we get more of the same this weekend.