Until we lose...

HawkeyeBriGuy

I decided this week until we lose I'm going to every game. I have season tickets, made the trip to Ames, and already bought my tickets for Madison. I came this far right? I can save for retirement when I'm 60.

Anyone else drink a lot of kool-aid and want to join the fun?

I am glad you like your job. I want to retire at 55. When I think about maybe working to 60, I just, ugh, well, there is no way I am working to 60.

I really hope you enjoy your roadtrip. there are some things you can only do when you are young.

I am going to Madison for the first time next week. Are there are any good places to tailgate with other Hawkeye fans up there? I would prefer a spot where we can park and tailgate our vehicle. Thanks for any advice.

This will be my first time in Madison as well.. girlfriends sister lives there so I will just be following their lead. Hope to have a good time and there should be plenty of hawks there. I know nothing about their tailgate though but I'm sure they will have something

In 1981 Iowa started the season beating #6 Nebraska, 10-7. Iowa was picked for 7th in the Big Ten that year and had suffered 20 CONSECUTIVE losing seasons. After the game, my Dad announced that he would attend every game, including the Rose Bowl. He kept his promise and the Hawks went to the Rose Bowl. Why not this year? Stranger things have happened

We have season tickets and haven't missed many games in the last 20+ years. We will go to the Northwestern game (I hate Northwestern with the strength of a thousand suns but my family is in Chicago). We are thinking about going to Nebraska too but I may hate them just as much.

I decided this week until we lose I'm going to every game. I have season tickets, made the trip to Ames, and already bought my tickets for Madison. I came this far right? I can save for retirement when I'm 60.

You better clear your fall calendar until November 2017 when we play OSU.

I go to every home and away game. It's the best part of the year. There are exceptions, I usually miss 1 game a year. Very inexpensive, too. You get 4 people and everything is split up 4 ways. If you don't mind missing some sleep, you don't even need a hotel for a lot of road games. Illinois/Northwestern/Wisconsin are all short drives. Even Minnesota isn't too bad.

Hats off to you, my friend.

Turned 62 this year retired after 42 yrs. working for same company. Season ticket holder for 9 yrs., went to games since early 70's,now bringing grandkids with us to games regardless if we win or lose but don't want to be around me if we lose. So keep winning easier on my heart.Haha

I am going to Madison for the first time next week. Are there are any good places to tailgate with other Hawkeye fans up there? I would prefer a spot where we can park and tailgate our vehicle. Thanks for any advice.

Never been to a game in Madison ... But I have done the tailgate there. There are business lots all along the main road near the capital (not sure of proximity to stadium).

Our host was a local guy, and I think he just got up very early and paid for a space in a lot.

Not sure this helps at all. Doubt it.

I am glad you like your job. I want to retire at 55. When I think about maybe working to 60, I just, ugh, well, there is no way I am working to 60.

I really hope you enjoy your roadtrip. there are some things you can only do when you are young.

Everything I want to do when I retire will cost me. I've pretty much got a desk job with pretty good pay, one that I can do as long as they will have me. I've got a lot of vacation time piled up and a boss who hasn't turned down any time off request. You can keep your "retire at 55"; I'm 59 and I plan to work at least until I'm 65.

This summer I was on short-term disability due to a foot amputation. If the three months of recovery is anything like retirement (nothing to do, not going anywhere, not seeing anyone) then you can keep retirement.

Everything I want to do when I retire will cost me. I've pretty much got a desk job with pretty good pay, one that I can do as long as they will have me. I've got a lot of vacation time piled up and a boss who hasn't turned down any time off request. You can keep your "retire at 55"; I'm 59 and I plan to work at least until I'm 65.

This summer I was on short-term disability due to a foot amputation. If the three months of recovery is anything like retirement (nothing to do, not going anywhere, not seeing anyone) then you can keep retirement.

Sure, if you like your job, no reason to quit. Sounds like the best plan for you. Me? No way.

Latest posts